Xavi Hernandez

JamDav1982

Yesterday, Marca published an full interview they've made with Xavi.

Great read IMO.

[tw]903719134411751424[/tw]

He sticks up for the signing of Paulinho though and sticks up for all his old mates that are clearly not at level they were either.

His quotes seem a bit all over the place.

ManusXavi

Damn, the commentator is saying that he is averaging 11.4 KM per game. That is a lot in his age although I am not buying it

I believe that. When he was used properly for Barca 2014/15 season his movement was very good. He isn't playing 45+ games a season anymore.

BerkeleyBernie

I believe that. When he was used properly for Barca 2014/15 season his movement was very good. He isn't playing 45+ games a season anymore.

Yeah, with Xavi, it's all about movement, not speed. Just a constant jog. His problem was the repetitive stress impact injury to his calves/Achilles from playing so constantly.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When will he be done with milking Qataris for more and more money. It's like he didn't earn enough through his career and get a nice severance from Barca.

Messi983

Yep, but there are rumours that he might stay in Qatar and help to prepare their NT for 2022, he could even become NT coach.

ManusXavi

Just watching Chelsea vs Barca 2nd leg 2009. Xavi had a bit of an off day with long passes. His movement off the ball. . . .my gosh they were very very good :w000t:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just watching Chelsea vs Barca 2nd leg 2009. Xavi had a bit of an off day with long passes. His movement off the ball. . . .my gosh they were very very good :w000t:

I reckon I will re-watch those legendary matches in few years too. Does it appear like they play slower? What does feel different?

ManusXavi

Watched Madrid vs Barca 1989. Laudrup first clasico. No emphasis on possession. Just forward passes all the time (Continuous counterattacks). Not a lot of movement off the ball due to the tennis-like nature of the game play

Home of Barca Fans