Xavi Hernández

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Definitely not Pogba.

I would like Gündoğan or oliver torres or koke

Gundogan might not be the same player as he was before injury, Torres is too young and Koke is too expensive. Someone here once said that there is no player who can actually replace Xavi and we have to accept that and change our tactics accordingly and not necessarily look for Xavi's protype.

Last edited:

mac10

even if xavi does leave the board may be incompetent but i seriously can't see lucho accepting going into the new season without quality replacements for him and cesc

Icarium

Lifestealer
Gundogan might not be the same player as he was before injury, Torres is too young and Koke is too expensive. Someone said here that there is no player you can actually replace Xavi and we have to accept that and change our tactics accordingly.

Yes we can't replace him. We have to rakitic and rafinha for now if we don't sign any other midfielder. At least roberto will get one more year to prove himself. Instead of going after Reus, Pogba, Koke barca should go for feasible and best options now. We will be fucked if the ban hits us. We should snap oliver torres now and send him to loan. He is the best option to replace xavi from what i have seen that is not much, but if everyone thinks like that too then it must be true.

If we really do sign any mid then we can not compete for trophies. What if iniesta gets injured who will play in mid.. Messi?? lol then pique will finally fulfill his dream of playing as a forward. Messi is the only one stopping him to do that. But seriously we need to buy some world class mid if we are to compete for CL, raikitic is not world class.

ebc_99

If Lucho wants him to stay then he would stay. If he does leave it will probably be because Lucho feels it is time to move on and that would be a good thing I think, better to do it now. We would probably need another cm but not necessarily one who plays a similar game to Xavi, the new Barca may not have the same style as the last few years.

The style we played with the past 5 or 6 years is not the same as the one we played during Luis Enrique's playing days in our midfield. We could go back to that with obviously much better players, maybe he has something like that in mind. I don't know but Xavi was key to how we played and if he leaves then I think we will play a different way, similar but different.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
even if xavi does leave the board may be incompetent but i seriously can't see lucho accepting going into the new season without quality replacements for him and cesc

If Xavi is really leaving, Lucho will have sleepless nights thinking what to do.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If Lucho wants him to stay then he would stay. If he does leave it will probably be because Lucho feels it is time to move on and that would be a good thing I think, better to do it now. We would probably need another cm but not necessarily one who plays a similar game to Xavi, the new Barca may not have the same style as the last few years.

The style we played with the past 5 or 6 years is not the same as the one we played during Luis Enrique's playing days in our midfield. We could go back to that with obviously much better players, maybe he has something like that in mind. I don't know but Xavi was key to how we played and if he leaves then I think we will play a different way, similar but different.

But Lucho said himself that he wants possession based football, and Xavi is main engine for this style of play, maybe now he will change his mind who knows.

Devils

Oliver Torres is not a replacement, nor will he be for a few years until he develops more. I'm not against buying him but he can't be called a replacement for Xavi when he is still not ready.

No one knows when Gundogan will be ready to play again. Signing him and letting Xavi go is a big gamble.

Koke is the only player I can see even coming close, but he will cost mega millions and is unrealistic.

It makes so much more sense just to keep Xavi on board for one more season.

Povikas

Brandon
Breaking: Xavi (34) leaves Barcelona [media]
BqMlGVDIgAECXKF.jpg

LeeRomeno

People dont understand that it is impossible to replace Xavi. Just as it is impossible to replace Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Maldini etc or any other extraordinary player in history of football. We should not search for new Xavi, what Lucho hopefully does is building new midfield with new qualities to be exploited. Xavi is a Barca legend and his contribution to the success the club has had is incredible, but he is one of a kind, you cannot replace a genius and if his genius has been finally fading and age has caught up on him, we need to thank him and move on.

Home of Barca Fans