Xavi Hernández

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
While Xavi benefited a lot from having 2 MC behind him this season, I still think he could have done a lot more in terms of scoring. He missed a good deal of free shots that any decent AMC would have put in the net.

M.L. King

The Preacher
It's that Spanish syndrome, when he plays brilliantly for national team and under performs for Barca. But can't really blame him, the whole team was terrible tonight and in some previous matches we weren't that convincing. I expect him to improve.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I don`t often criticize him because he is my fav. player, but imo. Xavi has been one of the worst our players recently.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly! Plus he`s not the kind of player that will, while playing below-par, compensate with his workrate. We can`t really afford to bench him with Iniesta out, but I`d seriously consider it once Casper returns. Just to show him that noone is untouchable

B

Barca4ever

recenlty not at his best, and when he isn't than the whole team isn't. He is the creater of our attacks. Lets hope he bounces back against Lyon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He`s not a very spirited player. When things go bad can`t really look up to him to lift the team. Maybe thats why Pep likes Busquets so much? To add the balance in our midfield

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Keita should have started instead yesterday to add much needed stength and attacking display yesterday.

maz

I walk the line
Better the contract worse he plays
Wow thats so true. I didnt put 2 and 2 together.

Also as everyone else said its no surprise xavi's dip in form has coincided with the teams relatively poor performances. However another factor is that teams are starting to bully us in the middle of the park, and also block off runs from our forwards, so xavi is less able to do his magic.

Home of Barca Fans