Xavi Hernández

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 3 m
Xavi:"Last season, when Tito wasn't there, we didn't train tactics as much, how to put pressure, we lost our marks."

Maybe because he was fresh, but those passes we missed were back today. His setup for the 1st goal was sublime.

Alik

Glad he played well. As long as he's not overused, he still has a lot to give.

Actually wanted him to be subbed off instead of Alexis/Pedro, but there was no S.Roberto :(

mixer

Xavi: "Martino is a serious coach, hard-working, close to the players, who always looks for consensus. He shows a lot of respect."
Xavi: "15 years since debut? Coaches always believed in me and I've been lucky with injuries. I'm just happy to play at the club of my life"

Last edited:

barcanuck

I'm starting to feel Xavi's legend status is starting to become detrimental.

In my opinion the need for him to start each and every big game has started to wear thin on me.

We had 8 losses in total last year and Xavi started every single loss we had last year except one ( (Real loss 2-1 at Bernebeu in Liga), because he was injured.

REAL MADRID VS. BARCELONA 2 – 1

CELTIC VS. BARCELONA 2 – 1

REAL SOCIEDAD VS. BARCELONA 3 – 2

BARCELONA VS. REAL MADRID 1 – 3

MILAN VS. BARCELONA 2 – 0

BAYERN MÜNCHEN VS. BARCELONA 4 – 0

BARCELONA VS. BAYERN MÜNCHEN 0 – 3

THAT’S 5 GOALS FOR AND 19 AGAINST IN THE LOSSES XAVI STARTED IN.

LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO I BLAME ALL THE LOSSES ON HIM BUT SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE. YOU CAN SEE NOW WHY THIAGO LEFT AND CESC EVEN THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT LEAVING. XAVI HAS BOSS STATUS AND IS AS CLOSE TO A PLAYER/COACH AS IT GETS. WHY DOES HE GET TO START EVERY SINGLE BIG GAME AT 33 YEARS OF AGE? HE IS EITHER HARD HEADED AND CHOOSES TO PLAY HIMSELF OR TITO AND NOW TATA ARE SCARED TO BENCH HIM IN THE BIG GAME. Sorry about the caps (I typed it in word and couldn't undo it to small letters)

This is just my perception of the issue, but the fact is all our losses last year but one had him start and play the full game. That has to change we need to play him 40 games a year no more. He is one of the best ever but we need to prepare for life after Xavi in mid.

BerkeleyBernie

I'm starting to feel Xavi's legend status is starting to become detrimental.

In my opinion the need for him to start each and every big game has started to wear thin on me.

We had 8 losses in total last year and Xavi started every single loss we had last year except one ( (Real loss 2-1 at Bernebeu in Liga), because he was injured.

REAL MADRID VS. BARCELONA 2 – 1

CELTIC VS. BARCELONA 2 – 1

REAL SOCIEDAD VS. BARCELONA 3 – 2

BARCELONA VS. REAL MADRID 1 – 3

MILAN VS. BARCELONA 2 – 0

BAYERN MÜNCHEN VS. BARCELONA 4 – 0

BARCELONA VS. BAYERN MÜNCHEN 0 – 3

THAT’S 5 GOALS FOR AND 19 AGAINST IN THE LOSSES XAVI STARTED IN.

LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DO I BLAME ALL THE LOSSES ON HIM BUT SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE. YOU CAN SEE NOW WHY THIAGO LEFT AND CESC EVEN THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT LEAVING. XAVI HAS BOSS STATUS AND IS AS CLOSE TO A PLAYER/COACH AS IT GETS. WHY DOES HE GET TO START EVERY SINGLE BIG GAME AT 33 YEARS OF AGE? HE IS EITHER HARD HEADED AND CHOOSES TO PLAY HIMSELF OR TITO AND NOW TATA ARE SCARED TO BENCH HIM IN THE BIG GAME. Sorry about the caps (I typed it in word and couldn't undo it to small letters)

This is just my perception of the issue, but the fact is all our losses last year but one had him start and play the full game. That has to change we need to play him 40 games a year no more. He is one of the best ever but we need to prepare for life after Xavi in mid.

Hmm...in how many of those games did Messi start? Maybe you should blame all those losses on Messi (or any other player who started most/all of those games).

Make whatever arguments you want about Xavi, but the above is statistical nonsense. There is no correlation you can draw from the losses (at least, if you try to make that argument, you have to judge every player by the same [nonsensical] standard- "did they start in a loss?").

BerkeleyBernie

Okay, here is the actual breakdown of players for the seven Barça losses 2012-2013, sorted by number of starts:

barca-losses.gif

According to the (absurd) criteria "he who starts in the most losses, sucks the most," Alves is the grand prize winner, the ONLY Barça player to start AND complete ALL seven losses. Iniesta and Pedro also started 7 games, but were subbed off at least once.

Of the players, like Xavi, who started 6 of the 7 losses, Pique, Messi, Alba, and Valdes completed all of their 6 starts. Xavi was the only one of the 6-game starters to be subbed off.

Busquets was the only other player to start and complete a significant number of losses (5 started, 5 completed). Fabregas started 4 losses, but only completed 1.

So, Xavi is actually 8th down the list, by your own statistical criteria, of the 9 most relevant starters in Barça's losses.

Last edited:

Truthist

At least someone should tell Xavi to stop take the free kicks when Messi isn't there. They're more like floating crosses than shots.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Home of Barca Fans