Xavi Hernandez

Barcilliant

Isn't he asking for more signings in the winter transfer window also?

Yes, unbelievably so.

Complete clown. Besides legend status as a player he has nothing. Oh, I forgot. He has an endless list of excuses.
I know KOEMAN 2as an asshole and a poor manager but he would have done better than this.

Raketa10

I honestly can't understand if he is too stubborn or he simply has no knowledge to adapt his tactics? If we don't improve he will be fired next summer and his coaching career will be over.

Barcilliant

I honestly can't understand if he is too stubborn or he simply has no knowledge to adapt his tactics? If we don't improve he will be fired next summer and his coaching career will be over.

It's both. Add the fact that he is inexperienced and under pressure too.
The club made a HUGE mistake or I should say Laporta has made a huge mistake. His initial instincts were correct. Xavi was and is not ready for this job.

Raketa10

It's both. Add the fact that he is inexperienced and under pressure too.
The club made a HUGE mistake or I should say Laporta has made a huge mistake. His initial instincts were correct. Xavi was and is not ready for this job.

Than he should have listened his initial instincts. Now we are fucked and so is Xavi.

Gari

At least Xavi will have no problem getting fired. I think if there are no trophies and a bad game, he will leave on his own. He already said that he will be responsible. Fuck this slow style with a high two-man defense line he is ridiculous in modern football.

JamDav1982

He shouldnt be given money to spend in January and given until end of season to either win League or EL or he goes.

Only way goes before that are if fall far behind in league.

Would be just like Barca to make more poor financial decisions to give Xavi more money in January for players he doesnt know how to play and then sack him a few months later.

Devils

At least Xavi will have no problem getting fired. I think if there are no trophies and a bad game, he will leave on his own. He already said that he will be responsible. Fuck this slow style with a high two-man defense line he is ridiculous in modern football.

Any team that has even moderately cohesive attack carves Barca open with ease.

It happens every single time.

I don't know how any person can be optimistic about the remaining competitions with this massive hole in our tactics. .

Like I said in my previous post, I can't recall a manager who is as bad as Xavi when it comes to defensive tactics.

delancey

Any team that has even moderately cohesive attack carves Barca open with ease.

It happens every single time.

I don't know how any person can be optimistic about the remaining competitions with this massive hole in our tactics. .

Like I said in my previous post, I can't recall a manager who is as bad as Xavi when it comes to defensive tactics.

Agreed. And offensive tactics.

Bring a Dutch/German coach and let him build this team of good/star players according to the modern standards of football.
Enough with the "Barca DNA" coaches. What we 've seen after 2015 is far from "Barca DNA" btw, it's just a travesty of that.

Kul_z

Whats with that alonso cl obsession? Ffs. Too bad that araujo, kounde and christensen got injured, because i would be 100% sure that he is not competent to be the coach then

xXKonan

Losing your best CBs to injuries sucks especially during this crucial run of fixtures.

But other than that there are no excuses. He's nearly had a full year of trying to gain more experience on the coaching side facing up against some good teams and managers but it seemed like he didn't learn a motherfucking thing during the process.

His refusal to adjust to the needs of the team and the players he has is truly astonishing. He keeps trying to implement his own bullshit without actually going into depth of what the strengths of the players he has, because while this team isn't perfect most of these guys are far better than what they have shown and are being bogged down by a manager who is trying implement a rigid outdated system that suits no one in this team.

Too many false dawns so far in his career so far as a manager. Can't count how many times it looks like we turned a corner only for us to get humbled and we are back to square one.

Zebulun

as i see it Xavi has two options:
1) continue to do fuck knows what and get sacked.

2) grow a pair, be flexible. Kounde and araujo injured, ok grab players from barca B that are performing. pep benched prime zlatan for bojan who was performing at the time. but no he continues to trust retired players like pique, roberto, alba, busquets, alonso and average players like dembele.

Iniesta Ultra

He shouldnt be given until end of season to either win League or EL or he goes.

Xavi's proven without falter for an entire year now he's incompetent. Unless he shows a miraculous awakening and dissolution of psychopathic narcissistic ego before winter break, which I've posted before can only occur with an ayahuasca ceremony, he needs to be fired.

DennyCrane

As a coach, he's a rookie. Outmanaged this year in the CL and last year as well, not just in the Bayern matches.

Bayern is useful though as a yardstick. Every once in a while, they show up to ask crucial questions about the team. Failing to answer them indicates whether the team is competitive or not.

Home of Barca Fans