Xavi Hernández

JamDav1982

I only wanted Koeman out after his 2nd season looked like a disaster in the making. Xavi improved the team after Koeman was sacked, should be fairly clear. Xavi still hasn't lost a single away game in the league since he was named.

He got better results that season compared to Koeman (who wasn't doing much other than moaning non-stop) even before the signings were made in January. In fact, we constantly went up in the league table after Koeman was gone.

Same old argument.

Koeman was a dead in his position when Laporta made it clear didnt want him and then started season with Pedri and Dembele barely available. While had planned for Messi to be in team before taken out at last minute.

Xavi took over.. Pedri and Dembele came back and he was allowed to spend in January.

You wanted EV out when he won league and got to QF of CL.. second league title in row after double the season before.

Usual mental gymnastics.

Barcilliant

Trusting Xavi means losing time and slowing the rebuild down. As simple as that for me.

Bingo. At the moment we are not even as good as Milan, Utd and Arsenal. Bi clubs who have been in the doldrums for a while how.
A world class coach can breathe fresh life into this corpse if a club. We need to be rejuvenated.
Xavi is not the man. He brings nothing new to the table. Sack him ASAP

Barcilliant

WTF are you on about.

View attachment 9544

Reminds me look on Darth Vader right before he dies and saves Luke. Although I doubt he'll ever admit publicly he took the wrong path. The only way he can save Barca now is to get fired.

Could've had such a bright future here such a shame how destructive ego can be.
Xavi as a player was delusional. After we got hammered by Bayern he said we were better because we had more possession. After we beat some team 4-0 and had less possession he complained that this was not the Barca way. The man is a fool and is in charge. There are many other 8nstances where he made stupid statements as a player. As delusional as they come.

Barcilliant

Injuries is an excuse.

Xavi fucked up and Barca had more than enough to beat Inter.

An Inter with injuries themselves... Brozovic and Lukaku are two of their best players and both missed both games.

Dont ask for Roberto to be renewed and Alonso to be signed while making on Pique cant be a squad player if then complain squad is too shite when lose. Xavi had part to play in them being there.

Exactly. Funny how people talk about injuries as if we're the only team that has injuries or the international break. Other teams deal with these issues too. We're not some special snowflakes. The schedule is packed and you have to assume these things will happen. I guarantee if Brozivic and Lukaku were fit we would have shipped more goals.

Barcilliant

If you bring in Tuchel or preferably Flick than you know the team structure, tactics and plan will be much better. It's pretty much a guarantee. The only issue is the local fans and media who are very quick to jump on someones back 8f things don't go as planned. I still remember the media brutalising Tata for having less possession despite winning 4-0.

Barcilliant

There are a bunch of managers available in January. Tuchel, Pochettino, Gallardo and Flick. All are better and more experienced than Mr Al Saad
If Laporta continues with Xavi socis should look at getting rid of him first.

Givenchy

There are a bunch of managers available in January. Tuchel, Pochettino, Gallardo and Flick. All are better and more experienced than Mr Al Saad
If Laporta continues with Xavi socis should look at getting rid of him first.

Tuchel would of been a good move IF we could salvage something in the group stage but we are pretty much fucked, Europa league is inevitable.

I said before Xavi was appointed, ten Hag was the guy we should of gone for and I'm pretty sure he'd of rejected United had Barca came calling but we must continue on the fabled hunt for the next Pep by promoting within.

BBZ said it years ago, Barca are outdated and continue to fall behind Europe's elite through the inability to evolve.

Devils

I think things have improved. We played full game of 90 minutes yesterday not looking gassed(imo improvements conditionally started under Koeman). We did not pass ball aimlessly. Actually were attacking Inter goal even when they were defending with whole team. No aimless passing from left side to right side trying to find a gap.

Building team takes time. Hate to do the obvious and point to Arteta like others have done so.

Actually this is completely false.

Building a team doesn't take as long as apologists would like to believe.

Just look at the last 3 CL winners. Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

They all sacked the bums that were in charge of their failing teams and bought in proper managers that instantly created CL winning teams over the course of a single season or less.

It takes less than a single season to create a CL winning team.

Thats reality and shouldn't be used an a excuse for average managers.

Last edited:
Xavi is proof that being a good player doesnt always guarantee you being a good manager. Also, ecen if he spent hours and hours trying to improve, some ppl juat have the gift for coaching, which is why some of the most successful coaches in the world werent necessarely world class players.
Zidane didnt even have that much expwrience and did a terrific job at madrid.

Barcilliant

Actually this is completely false.

Building a team doesn't take as long as apologists would like to believe.

Just look at the last 3 CL winners. Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

They all sacked the bums that were in charge of their failing teams and bought in proper managers that instantly created CL winning teams over the course of a single season or less.

It takes less than a single season to create a CL winning team.

Thats reality and shouldn't be used an a excuse for average managers.

Two thumbs for this post. After all the money we spent making the last 16 is the bare minimum expected.

iniestaGOAT

Tuchel would of been a good move IF we could salvage something in the group stage but we are pretty much fucked, Europa league is inevitable.

I said before Xavi was appointed, ten Hag was the guy we should of gone for and I'm pretty sure he'd of rejected United had Barca came calling but we must continue on the fabled hunt for the next Pep by promoting within.

BBZ said it years ago, Barca are outdated and continue to fall behind Europe's elite through the inability to evolve.

Ten Haag rejected us and he's crap

iniestaGOAT

Koeman whilst a competent and steady manager had not shown anything to suggest he'd be befitting of a club of Barca's stature.

In fact some of his best stints were with small resources e.g. Feyenoord and Southampton where he did a fantastic job and the clubs like Benfica, Valencia etc with some expectations he under-performed.

Xavi at least had the unknown surrounding him.

But none of this is Koeman or Xavi's fault nor Setien before them, it runs deeper than that. It's this need to have some kind of DNA or identity with the club to even be in the job shortlist.

In terms of yesterday, Xavi did set the team out to use the ball better and they did create more moments in Inter's area but it was almost like the plan was to try and be 3-0 early and hope Inter give up any attacking intent. Because the defensive structure was horrendous.

Nothing runs deeper.

We will continue to lose as long as have shit defense which has been the case for 5-10 years and we are Fielding teenagers and washed up players against grown men

ajnotkeith

Reports from multiple MD journos that the players are unhappy with Xavi's lineup and substitutions and didn't understand the subs that were made against Inter.

Busquets talking about 'chaos' was apparently an indirect reference to Xavi's tactics.

Porque

Wonder what players if true though. The only chaos I saw was someone holding the backline 10m behind everyone else because they didn't trust their recovery incase an offside trai was broken.

Funny it would come out the one time Busi is the first sub off though. Talk about a reality check being denied.

Home of Barca Fans