Xavi Hernández

Messigician

Xavi: "I want my centre backs to be good with the ball, as Eric and Christensen are ideal for that. I think Araujo can be a good right back."

Xavi out

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What I saw early on only confirmed Busi + Frenkie doesn't flow enough for Barca. FDJ grew into the 1st half as time went on but against a stronger opponent Barca could've already been behind

JerseyAddict

Almost all the preseason goals were mostly some kind of one-man wonder... Raphina. Dembele. Memphis. Auba.

I can't not to wonder what is with a team play and tika taka goal chances

Midfield is not at it's best. And he forces Alba and pushes Araujo on the flank.

I hope all of this is with a greater and genuine idea behind it. After the last season we all need something to be happy about.

Joan

Xavi gotta deliver. If not, Tuchel might be free in the summer.

He already has a squad built to his liking.

Birdy

It will be ridiculous to have Araujo at RB permanently...

Good for a game to stop Vinicius, but that's it.

Araujo-Kounde should be the starting CB duo

jamrock

Christensen is turning his head which is understandable. But Garcia will get destroy by the first half decent striker he comes up against.

Chilllllll xavi, focus on fixing the terrible midfield play.

vegitot

Sad thing is Xavi won't fix his midfield soon. Media won't complain about that because he is Xavi, the GOAT midfielder.

But reality no midfielder play like Xavi (perharp Pedri if he plays like he did in Euro and vs Bilbao last season) and Barca's midfield doesn't look like Barca midfield.

serghei

Stop moaning so much guys. We barely played a full game and we bossed every opponent so far in preseason. We are creating chances for fun. On one side you say we need to adapt and move on from the possession-based slower build-up, on the other side why don't we play more tiki taka. Make up your mind because it sounds as if you are trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

You wanted a faster team, more direct. That is what you are seeing. I should be more mad about the fact that Xavi is more like Lucho than Pep, not you guys. This is basically what you asked, minus Busi still playing a lot.

Xavi is very similar to Tuchel-ball btw...

Last edited:

vegitot

Stop moaning so much guys. We barely played a full game and we bossed every opponent so far in preseason. We are creating chances for fun. On one side you say we need to adapt and move on from the possession-based slower build-up, on the other side why don't we play more tiki taka. Make up your mind because it sounds as if you are trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

You wanted a faster team, more direct. That is what you are seeing. I should be more mad about the fact that Xavi is more like Lucho than Pep, not you guys. This is basically what you asked, minus Busi still playing a lot.

Bossing those bum teams like MLS doesn't mean much. There is a dominant first half vs Real Madrid without Benzema, Modric...

Xavi ignores his midfield is very strange. It should be his strength in the first place.

Tiki taka or faster, more direct team, whatever, you need your midfield connected, strong. Is Liverpool midfield weak, disconnected???

Or else he will be thrasing in Europe again.

Horatio

You're welcome
He wants his best CB to be a RB.

Don't think so. He wants his fastest CB to get some minutes on RB so that in case of emergency he could be put there. Never in million years is Araujo getting converted to a RB regular.

Has Kounde had RB experience at Sevilla?

xXKonan

Xavi is really pushing for Azpilicueta, but even then I have serious doubts about him. Excellent defender during his peak but has slowed down and was more of a defensive RB than an attacking one.

We are going to end up playing a pseudo 3-4-3/4-3-3 Hybrid with Araujo being both an RCB/RB.

Home of Barca Fans