User Tag List

Page 1213 of 1262 FirstFirst ... 213713111311631203121112121213121412151223 ... LastLast
Results 18,181 to 18,195 of 18924

Thread: Xavi Hernandez

  1. #18181
    Senior Member
    iniestaGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    3,510
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    I'm not convinced by Xavi. I wasn't a big fan of Koeman but he was treated very poorly.
    Just because we have signed a few players people are getting way too excited. Minimum requirements for Xavi are second in Liga, cl qf and either copa or Super Cup win. Laporta has backed him in a big way and mortgaged the clubs future. No more excuses.

    Ka Liga is must win. Rest don't matter

  2. #18182
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,520
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must win Liga this season. With all transfers, money... no excuse for rebuilding or similiar.

  3. #18183
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    18,913
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If things go to plan and we do sign Lewa and the likes of Kounde, we would have attack and Midfield looks not too shabby and CB with Araujo, Christensen, and Kounde looks good.

    But the Fullback situation still looks pretty bleak in comparison though. Alba/Alonso? Apilz/Dest?/Roberto? not sure about that one. Unless the plan is to switch to a 3-4-3 at times or using the likes of Kounde at RB.

  4. #18184
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    20,246
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Must win Liga this season. With all transfers, money... no excuse for rebuilding or similiar.
    I would excuse xavi if he didnt win la liga. Just want to see improvement of play and be in race until end of season. Still very dependant of Real finding new sacrifice to re-activate voodoo spell
    Last edited by Horatio; 15th July 2022 at 08:36 PM.

  5. #18185
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    22,250
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    If things go to plan and we do sign Lewa and the likes of Kounde, we would have attack and Midfield looks not too shabby and CB with Araujo, Christensen, and Kounde looks good.

    But the Fullback situation still looks pretty bleak in comparison though. Alba/Alonso? Apilz/Dest?/Roberto? not sure about that one. Unless the plan is to switch to a 3-4-3 at times or using the likes of Kounde at RB.
    Hopefully, we can focus on fullbacks next off-season.

  6. #18186
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,375
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a fab bit top heavy, need to sell one of depay/aubameyang.

  7. #18187
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,520
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I would excuse xavi if he didnt win la liga. Just want to see improvement of play and be in race until end of season. Still very dependant of Real finding new sacrifice to re-activate voodoo spell
    No way you spend a lot just want to be in race till the end.

  8. #18188
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    20,246
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    No way you spend a lot just want to be in race till the end.
    Bur what if signings needs time to adjust? And real is consistent from start of season? Maybe it is better to translate the goal to a certain number of points you want to end on table with.

  9. #18189
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,386
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Bur what if signings needs time to adjust? And real is consistent from start of season? Maybe it is better to translate the goal to a certain number of points you want to end on table with.
    Guys like Lewa aren't signed for adjustment. He's a world class striker leaving his prime. That's a win now signing, so are Azpi and Alonso.

    After these signings we have a stronger squad than them and we have historically been better on LaLiga so it's reasonable to think we should win this season.

  10. #18190
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,520
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Bur what if signings needs time to adjust? And real is consistent from start of season? Maybe it is better to translate the goal to a certain number of points you want to end on table with.
    Doesm't matter. With so many signings, no tittle to show for is a big failure.

  11. #18191
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,775
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pressure on him to deliver will be huge this season. He is getting everything he wants, failure is not an option anymore. If he continues playing like he ended the season, he will be sacked by January.

  12. #18192
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,375
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laporta did his big pimping spending Gs thing.

    Now it's time for xavi to go get this rock!.

  13. #18193
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    22,250
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Laporta did his big pimping spending Gs thing.

    Now it's time for xavi to go get this rock!.
    True. Now the pressure is on Xavi to perform. Last season was about saving the season, he did it.. now it's about winning something.

  14. #18194
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,324
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the minimum expectation for Xavi now?

    For me, the minimum that I expect of him:

    -Challenging for La Liga title
    -QF in the CL
    -Win either the Copa or SuperCup

  15. #18195
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,864
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Liga title

    CL QF

    Copa final

Tags for this Thread