Xavi Hernández

vegitot

Not at all. Even if you were to look at that graph above, you can clearly see our midfield and defense have gaping holes just like before. Attacking-wise might not be much better either.

Coupled that with Xavi himself, who is not an asset in my opinion.

Barca are all about winning. You can't say Barca should not aim for Liga.

serghei

We can win La Liga if we build a top team. Xavi is such a liability in this quest that he beat every top 8 side he faced in just 6 months at the club, occasionaly playing with average players or kids.

Some of you guys... :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barca are all about winning. You can't say Barca should not aim for Liga.

Of course we are aiming to win the league, as well as the CL and the CdR for that matter every year. We want to win all of them. That is not the same as "no excuse not to win the league", not at all. To suggest that it would have meant that we have such a lopsided advantage over our rivals and competitors. We don't.

FinBarcelonafan

We can win La Liga if we build a top team. Xavi is such a liability in this quest that he beat every top 8 side he faced in just 6 months at the club, occasionaly playing with average players or kids.

True that and before that we couldn't beat Real in a long time

serghei

Another 2-3 top signings, like Lewandowski, Kounde, and maybe Bernardo instead of De Jong if possible, and I think we can dance even in CL shortly. With a good draw we can make the semis even next season.

ajnotkeith

Last season we had the 2nd best squad in the league apart from a couple months so yes it has been and was an expectation to win most games.

This squad currently is more than good enough to beat every team in the league except Real, which is seperated by Benzema and Courtois. With additions such as Raphinia, Kessie, Christensen, Lewa it will be unacceptable not to challenge.

serghei

Last season we had the 2nd best squad in the league apart from a couple months so yes it has been and was an expectation to win most games.

This squad currently is more than good enough to beat every team in the league except Real, which is seperated by Benzema and Courtois. With additions such as Raphinia, Kessie, Christensen, Lewa it will be unacceptable not to challenge.

Since the period we had the 2nd best squad in the league, we were almost neck and neck with the clear best team in the league, Madrid. Including beating them 4-0.

I'm sorry, but who hates Xavi doesn't have my respect.

Give the man a chance. FFS, he's a cule who's prime was basically the brightest period of both Barca as a football club, and Spain as a football nation.

What captain accepts to sit behind Rakitic in the pecking order and stay on the bench? He only did that because Barca is above him and he understands this.

Give him a top team. If we are bad with him as manager, then fair game. So far, he did more than I believed was possible. Too bad about the fans that betrayed the team in EL and turned Camp Nou into a bigger Commerzbank Arena.

Packed Camp Nou in the return leg and those Bundesliga jokester from Frankfurt would've folded like a deck of cards.

He's not perfect, despite my defending of him and I understand this. I would've looked to replace Stegen with utmost priority and would've used midfielders more in the deep build-up phase, but if we upgrade the defense, this will also be a solution to get the ball upfield more effectively. Especially with good players on the ball like Kounde and Christensen.

Last edited:

Messi983

Don't think anyone "hates" Xavi.

Also think most are willing to give him time. But it's understandable to have some concerns about the last two months of last season, especially considering his questionable tactical decisions.

But I stick with what I've said before he was appointed. I gave him a free pass last season, my only expectation results wise was to finish top 4 which he managed to do relatively comfortable. I knew team he inherited was far away from what he wanted. But after this transfer window we'll be much closer to his "ideal" team as it looks we'll get most if not all players he reportedly demanded. And by building a team he wants we also risk a big part of club's longterm future (by selling future TV incomes) so I think it's fair to say expectations for Xavi and this team should be set far higher. And if he won't meet them then he'll deserve critics like every coach before him.

Koeman is also a club legend and people were always going hard after him (I know a big reason for that is also his personality) when in reality he had a lot less talent to work with than Xavi will have next season.

ajnotkeith

Since the period we had the 2nd best squad in the league, we were almost neck and neck with the clear best team in the league, Madrid. Including beating them 4-0.

I'm sorry, but who hates Xavi doesn't have my respect.

Give the man a chance. FFS, he's a cule who's prime was basically the brightest period of both Barca as a football club, and Spain as a football nation.

What captain accepts to sit behind Rakitic in the pecking order and stay on the bench? He only did that because Barca is above him and he understands this.

Give him a top team. If we are bad with him as manager, then fair game. So far, he did more than I believed was possible. Too bad about the fans that betrayed the team in EL and turned Camp Nou into a bigger Commerzbank Arena.

Packed Camp Nou in the return leg and those Bundesliga jokester from Frankfurt would've folded like a deck of cards.

He's not perfect, despite my defending of him and I understand this. I would've looked to replace Stegen with utmost priority and would've used midfielders more in the deep build-up phase, but if we upgrade the defense, this will also be a solution to get the ball upfield more effectively. Especially with good players on the ball like Kounde and Christensen.

I do give him a chance and last season was good overall. But just saying it is not the case any more that excuses should be made because we have a strong team.

Barcilliant

I'm not convinced by Xavi. I wasn't a big fan of Koeman but he was treated very poorly.
Just because we have signed a few players people are getting way too excited. Minimum requirements for Xavi are second in Liga, cl qf and either copa or Super Cup win. Laporta has backed him in a big way and mortgaged the clubs future. No more excuses.

Kul_z

I'm not convinced by Xavi. I wasn't a big fan of Koeman but he was treated very poorly.
Just because we have signed a few players people are getting way too excited. Minimum requirements for Xavi are second in Liga, cl qf and either copa or Super Cup win. Laporta has backed him in a big way and mortgaged the clubs future. No more excuses.

Be competitive in league. If we manage to win 90% of what we won from january to april we are champions for sure. Cl is a different story, we dont know where are we compared to other clubs. Cdr should be achieavable. I'd be happy with la liga win, cl qf and cdr final

iniestaGOAT

Ka Liga is must win. Rest don't matter

Home of Barca Fans