Xavi Hernández

Barcilliant

Solskjaer didn't have a system identity least one I could figure out.

Xavi's system's very defined, nothing but crosses. Wondering how he did so well in Qatar, competition must've been really weak.

If Xavi wants spray and pray crossing he needs an elite predator in the box. We don't have that. Real Madrid had that with Ronaldo but also had a good defense and elite midfield. Not to mention the mentality of the players and club. Very hard to replicate it here. Might as well start De Jong instead of Auba. Lol

Temptation

I seen to agree with nearly all your posts. You are 100% right. We will just burn through more money and time with Xavi at the helm. The board and local fans just seem to live in their own little bubble. It's the international fans that can see clearly. The local fans have a strong sense of identity with the legends and Masia players but football has moved on. Laporta doesn't realize that he got lucky with Pep,Messi and the golden generation. That era is OVER.
Ii almost seems we are resigned to mediocrity at the moment. How many times did Utd appear to be turning the corner only for them to go back to being shit. This will happen with Xavi too. Our resurgence for those two months was a mirage. Nothing else. The fact that he still wants his amigos as starters is a huge red flag. This is going to end in tears and maybe humiliation on the European front again.

Hehe. Looks like you're one of the few intelligent posters on here. :mou:

Temptation

If Xavi wants spray and pray crossing he needs an elite predator in the box. We don't have that. Real Madrid had that with Ronaldo but also had a good defense and elite midfield. Not to mention the mentality of the players and club. Very hard to replicate it here. Might as well start De Jong instead of Auba. Lol

This is why the Lewandowski interest doesn't surprise me at all.

He has this rare quality of turning absolutely shit crosses from awkward height into the goal somehow. Xavi would absolutely love him.

serghei

United and Barca are nothing alike. United has a lot of money, and Barca are basically limited to youngsters, cheapo loans, and B grade free agents for the near future with very few exceptions. How can you compare the two when the basic commodity that is at the base of football is night and day different?

Some of you guys are completely unrealistic. We have no other choice than to develop the youngsters, try to get the most out of the aging veterans, and bring in decent free agents who aren't demanding too much. Try to do all that while staying competitive, and hopefully turn the finances around. Looking at shit in the world we are all heading for a financial crisis though...

That's it, and we're doing all of these decently well so far. Things could be better of course, but also way worse.

But this forum just likes to pretend we will sign likes of Haaland, Rudiger and the likes.

Last edited:

Joan

Is Torres then a youngster, cheap loan or B grade free agent? The club is going through a lot but will still manage a few significant transfers.

Porque

What about Lyon's Malo Gusto?
Converted RB who knows how to defend, was once a playmaker so he knows how to cross , link up and moving inside. Not a speedster FB But fast enough to hold his own.

To be honest this is the first I heard of him. Haven't watched Lyon this season. Wanted to watch the game vs Marseille but it was the same time as our Mallorca one.

Looks very good in highlights. Can't say much more. Age will work against him I guess as we look for more mature players ATM I think.

vegitot

At least wait for next season to judge Xavi. But if he has an empty hand season again, out of Europe quite early, what do you think?

Iniesta Ultra

How long before everyone realizes no-faith "midfield closed" anti-dna Xavicross system can't succeed. I'll do my best to keep gallows humor while this trainwreck progresses.

Home of Barca Fans