User Tag List

Page 1111 of 1358 FirstFirst ... 11161110111061110111091110111111121113112111611211 ... LastLast
Results 16,651 to 16,665 of 20366

Thread: Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Not if we get knocked out today
    Very curious how we look today. The pitch was terrible last week. We should be ready and Camp Nou should be rocking.

No excuse to lose this one.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Xavi

Modric
    Iniesta

In that order for me.

Xavi was the heartbeat of Guardiola's Barca and literally ran games.

Iniesta strikes the eye of the casual Football fan more due to certain moments but for me it's not even a debate.

Xavi ran the show.

Also despite playing deeper, Xavi had far better end product.
    Xavi and Iniesta are both a cut above. Modric is better than Busi, but that is it.

Modric is still top 3 for me that I've seen. Over Pirlo, Scholes, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lampard, Gerrard & others.
    Last edited by serghei; 14th April 2022 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of modern midfielders in their generation, yes Xavi, Iniesta and Modric (being the youngest among them) are in top 3, but there are lots of great midfielders before them, let's be frank about this, I wouldn't call any of them GOAT.

Xavi is the greatest 6 in Barca history, I'll leave it at that. The rest is kind of subjective to Xavi and Iniesta having some poor managers, Modric having the better teammates and so on. I don't want to get into that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Not if we get knocked out today
    Positive thinking Don Khaled.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    In terms of modern midfielders in their generation, yes Xavi, Iniesta and Modric (being the youngest among them) are in top 3, but there are lots of great midfielders before them, let's be frank about this, I wouldn't call any of them GOAT.

Xavi is the greatest 6 in Barca history, I'll leave it at that. The rest is kind of subjective to Xavi and Iniesta having some poor managers, Modric having the better teammates and so on. I don't want to get into that.
    I only comment about players I've seen play.

Xavi is the best midfielder and it's clear cut for me, Iniesta is the best AM. Zidane is the best no '10' midfielder, but he's a bit of a mix between a midfielder and forward.

Modric would be 2nd in line after Iniesta for the AM position.
    Last edited by serghei; 14th April 2022 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big test for Xavi tonight. Curious to see if we can deal with the intensity. Have been an issue for us in Europe for many seasons now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual, no surprise, Eric Garcia showed his very low class and help Frankfurt with a penalty. Not sure whyXavi put this guy on the pitch. ZERO value adding Garcia on Barca team.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the pitch is also bad today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freetocan View Post
    As usual, no surprise, Eric Garcia showed his very low class and help Frankfurt with a penalty. Not sure whyXavi put this guy on the pitch. ZERO value adding Garcia on Barca team.

Maybe because there is no other guys to put on the pitch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again, for so many times, Torres is kept probably entire game without any positive contribution!!! Au a was nowhere too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With this players arrangement and poor management we deserved to loose. Maybe Xavi will reflect deeply about it. Garcia, Torres, Aubamayang and not only clearly do not have face for Barca. Sorry guys.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the signing of Torres alone, I think he should be sacked. So many lucky wins and still thinks he can play slow, keep ball in 2022. give me Valverde any day of the week
    Vamos Argentina

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exposed

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pregra View Post
    For the signing of Torres alone, I think he should be sacked. So many lucky wins and still thinks he can play slow, keep ball in 2022. give me Valverde any day of the week
    Agreed

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw one user post that we're on track to win 3 league titles and one CL within the next 5 years, and that that is why we don't need elite forwards like Haaland on our squad.

This match will be a rude awakening to many users here. You need several elite players, in their prime (not 18 year olds, and not 39 year olds), to be an elite team to challenge for the CL. Look at this year's semi finalists, the only exception to this rule of mine is Villarreal.

Stop using Bayern being successful for 9 months out of like 10 years back in 2020 as a justification and proof that 'world class teams' no longer need 'world class players.'

Stop kidding yourself.

We need top forwards and midfielders in their prime to be considered amongst the best. You won't win much with budget players like Adama, Dembele, and so on because when push comes to shove...they always disappoint.