Xavi Hernandez

serghei

Xavi

Modric
Iniesta

In that order for me.

Xavi was the heartbeat of Guardiola's Barca and literally ran games.

Iniesta strikes the eye of the casual Football fan more due to certain moments but for me it's not even a debate.

Xavi ran the show.

Also despite playing deeper, Xavi had far better end product.

Xavi and Iniesta are both a cut above. Modric is better than Busi, but that is it.

Modric is still top 3 for me that I've seen. Over Pirlo, Scholes, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lampard, Gerrard & others.

Last edited:

Windhook

In terms of modern midfielders in their generation, yes Xavi, Iniesta and Modric (being the youngest among them) are in top 3, but there are lots of great midfielders before them, let's be frank about this, I wouldn't call any of them GOAT.

Xavi is the greatest 6 in Barca history, I'll leave it at that. The rest is kind of subjective to Xavi and Iniesta having some poor managers, Modric having the better teammates and so on. I don't want to get into that.

serghei

In terms of modern midfielders in their generation, yes Xavi, Iniesta and Modric (being the youngest among them) are in top 3, but there are lots of great midfielders before them, let's be frank about this, I wouldn't call any of them GOAT.

Xavi is the greatest 6 in Barca history, I'll leave it at that. The rest is kind of subjective to Xavi and Iniesta having some poor managers, Modric having the better teammates and so on. I don't want to get into that.

I only comment about players I've seen play.

Xavi is the best midfielder and it's clear cut for me, Iniesta is the best AM. Zidane is the best no '10' midfielder, but he's a bit of a mix between a midfielder and forward.

Modric would be 2nd in line after Iniesta for the AM position.

Last edited:

Riordon

Big test for Xavi tonight. Curious to see if we can deal with the intensity. Have been an issue for us in Europe for many seasons now.

freetocan

As usual, no surprise, Eric Garcia showed his very low class and help Frankfurt with a penalty. Not sure whyXavi put this guy on the pitch. ZERO value adding Garcia on Barca team.

freetocan

With this players arrangement and poor management we deserved to loose. Maybe Xavi will reflect deeply about it. Garcia, Torres, Aubamayang and not only clearly do not have face for Barca. Sorry guys.

pregra

For the signing of Torres alone, I think he should be sacked. So many lucky wins and still thinks he can play slow, keep ball in 2022. give me Valverde any day of the week

Laplacian

I saw one user post that we're on track to win 3 league titles and one CL within the next 5 years, and that that is why we don't need elite forwards like Haaland on our squad.

This match will be a rude awakening to many users here. You need several elite players, in their prime (not 18 year olds, and not 39 year olds), to be an elite team to challenge for the CL. Look at this year's semi finalists, the only exception to this rule of mine is Villarreal.

Stop using Bayern being successful for 9 months out of like 10 years back in 2020 as a justification and proof that 'world class teams' no longer need 'world class players.'

Stop kidding yourself.

We need top forwards and midfielders in their prime to be considered amongst the best. You won't win much with budget players like Adama, Dembele, and so on because when push comes to shove...they always disappoint.

Home of Barca Fans