Xavi Hernández

zanela

Deflected goal but still pleased for him..Now that was a shot Iniesta wouldn't take which again supports my past argument.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
With Yaya and Ibra gone (even though they didn't shoot from distance very often), Xavi and Keita are probably our only players with a decent mid/long range shot (Dani can shoot too but most of the times he balloons it to the sky), so it would be killer if they start to use more often to try to break crowded defensive lines...

Mwahahaha! I told you guys!

W

woobie

Xavi not called up for Spain's upcoimng October friendlies. Getting a bit of a rest?

mike2334a

i heard he picked up some kind of injury and is to miss the match on Sunday ohh nooo ! i hope im wrong tho please someone tell me that hes just been rested THANKS

F

Flavia

Xavi with tendon trouble

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The midfielder has been suffering bother for several weeks, and for that reason, has been left out of the Spain squad.

According to the Medical Services “For several weeks, the player has been suffering bilateral aquiline tendinopathy, which has reached an acute stage. The player, the manager Pep Guardiola, the FC Barcelona Medical Services and national manager Vicente del Bosque have decided that the best decision would be for him not to play with the Spanish national team in the games against Lithuania and Scotland in order for him to remain in Barcelona and do recovery work.

Tomorrow, in consideration of the player’s condition, we will decide whether Xavi Hernández will also miss the game against Mallorca next Sunday."
That's why he's not being his usual self lately.

Barcafan 2304

Nice touch from Spain and the national set-up to agree to omit him. So, it seems that he may still make the Mallorca game and then take 2 weeks off to recover?

dalitis8

Banned
Nice touch from Spain and the national set-up to agree to omit him. So, it seems that he may still make the Mallorca game and then take 2 weeks off to recover?

He is surely out of the Spain fixtures...now I don't know about the Mallorca game...he may miss that as well...

...and I think that is for the best...

ricknattery

I'm so glad Xavi will have a rest from the spanish games, he has given everything to his NT, he has been playing too many games in general and adding the games for Spain in the last 3 summers(Eurocup, confederations and WC) is just insane! He surely deserves the rest cos' the missing games are not important or though games anyway

Home of Barca Fans