David Luiz

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Can anyone give me a good reason why, of all the 21 year old defenders we bought, none of them are David Luiz? He's just as young as Caceres, he's tall (.01M shorter than the Ukrainian), he's athletic - above average speed, enough to play both CB and LB comfortably, and he's skilled, the man might not exactly be prime Marquez but he's decent on the ball and has good passing range, not to mention is 22 years old.

He's good in the air, tough and can play on the ball. I'm sure he'd be expensive as hell, but so was Dmytro Seriously, how the hell did we miss this one?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He doesn't have long hair.

He might not have a long, thick, flowing hair, but he has something the club has been lacking recently: white guy afro potential.

ca967162-b341-4feb-88dd-fecb0766bf67_738D42D9-134C-4FBE-A85A-DA00E83FDC20_6FFCB4AE-C8E0-4AB2-B13A-603C8BFDB70E_img_destaque_pt_1.jpg

820435718.jpg

1105588_kQRWJ.jpeg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Because he's another non-EU player?

Might be a reason because by the time we were considering him we still had Caceras & didn't yet decide what to exactly do with him... Luiz is the only defender I'm lobbying here onwards

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Might be a reason because by the time we were considering him we still had Caceras & didn't yet decide what to exactly do with him... Luiz is the only defender I'm lobbying here onwards

The Luiz bandwagon has taken off!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The Luiz bandwagon has taken off!

Even when the speculation started that Barca might have first option on Di Maria & David Luiz, I preferred to have only Luiz... But never so strongly because only recently have I watched him play live!!!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Even when the speculation started that Barca might have first option on Di Maria & David Luiz, I preferred to have only Luiz... But never so strongly because only recently have I watched him play live!!!

I didn't know Luiz was so young, I've been a fan since I first took notice but I didn't realize he was born in the same month as Caceres, younger than Chyga!

So yes, consider me co-captain of the Luiz bandwagon.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Chyg is non-EU, in fact as a Brazilian I wouldn't be surprised if Luiz gets Portuguese citizenship soon.

Home of Barca Fans