Women's football

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Came here to post that. :)

We also have 20 wins in 20 matches in the league.

99 goals scored and only conceded 3 in the league so far. :rockon:

Looks like if we manage to hold off City's attacks next Wednesday, we will be playing against the mighty Lyon next round. :nervous: I was hoping PSG would score at least a goal today, oh well.

Both Lyon and Wolfsburg have regressed a bit this season apparently, or PSG and Bayern got much stronger.

Joan

99 goals scored and only conceded 3 in the league so far. :rockon:

Looks like if we manage to hold off City's attacks next Wednesday, we will be playing against the mighty Lyon next round. :nervous: I was hoping PSG would score at least a goal today, oh well.

Both Lyon and Wolfsburg have regressed a bit this season apparently, or PSG and Bayern got much stronger.

Don't we play against the winner of the Bayern Rosengard next?! I though we couldn't meet Lyon before the final.

Surprised to see Wolfsburg lost against Chelsea today.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't we play against the winner of the Bayern Rosengard next?! I though we couldn't meet Lyon before the final.

Surprised to see Wolfsburg lost against Chelsea today.

No, if we get past City we will play the winner of PSG/Lyon in the semi-finals. The other side of the bracket would be Bayern (no doubt whatsoever) against the winner of Chelsea/Wolfsburg.

Not surprised that Chelsea is doing well, they are the top of the table of the English league right now, supposedly the best women's league in Europe. We should have beaten Wolfsburg too last season if we weren't that wasteful and finished better.

Last edited:

Messi983

Really like this team. Will be interesting to see how much progress we've made since that CL final loss against Lyon two years ago. They're clearly the most dominant team in Europe but we should be a lot closer to them than we were.

Porque

English clubs continue to show their class by having home fixtures at their own stadiums. Shouldn't make a difference in the outcome of this game but still.

Messi983

2-1 loss away against City yesterday, still comfortably advanced to the semis.

We still don't know who our opponent there will be as French derby between Lyon and PSG was rescheduled to 18 April due to positive Covid tests by Lyon players. Lyon have won the first game in Paris 1-0 with a late penalty goal.

Semi-finals will then be played on 24/25 April and 1/2 May.

Other semi-final will most likely be Chelsea-Bayern. Chelsea have beaten Wolfsburg 5-1 in aggregate and Bayern will today defend a 3-goal lead from the first game against Rosengard.

Home of Barca Fans