Women's football

Messi983

The crisis within the female Bar?a is still in the making After last weekend it emerged that the squad had requested the dismissal of Llu?s Cort?s, Catalunya R?dio has revealed that Markel Zubizarreta, manager of the team, raised his resignation if the Board did not listen to the players, since he considered that the situation it was unsustainable.

I seriously don't know what's going on anymore.

FinBarcelonafan

The crisis within the female Bar?a is still in the making After last weekend it emerged that the squad had requested the dismissal of Llu?s Cort?s, Catalunya R?dio has revealed that Markel Zubizarreta, manager of the team, raised his resignation if the Board did not listen to the players, since he considered that the situation it was unsustainable.

I seriously don't know what's going on anymore.

Hmm, could it be something worse? Can't help but think if he abused them on some level etc. Not to mention he is ready to resign himself.

Of course total speculation and maybe totally out of line but I rarely hear situation like this happen after Treble..

Farripas

It's weird having this kind of mutiny. Something must have happen. A whole roster does not turn against a coach LIKE THIS.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Club had no choice really when your successful sporting director who promoted him in the first place threatens to resign if he isn't removed, and the player group is unanimous about removing him as well.

Must be something more here that we don't know.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gutted and so disappointed at the players and the club. The club yielded to the players, many of who might not even continue with us if they don’t renew, since better offers are awaiting elsewhere that we might not be to match. The sporting director for the women’s section Markel Zubizarreta might also leave as he has not renewed. What the heck is going on. A mutiny led by the players that threatens the entire system. We kicked ourselves in the gut and allowed a winning project to disintegrate right before our own eyes.

Don’t know who can replace Lluis Cortes. It might not even matter since the players have the power, not the coach. What a shame, we might still be able to hold on to our supremacy in Spain for now (CD Tacon, aka Real Madrid feminino will definitely get even stronger and become a real rival soon), but in Europe will we be remembered as a one season wonder?

Gutted.

Messi983

We're just club de amigos runned by the players in all aspects.

We'll probably never know what exactly happened (probably for the best) but it's just sad this is going on instead of trying to build on this season success.

Also, Pascual won the CL and he's gone, Cortes the same. Yet Koeman is somehow still here. I know totally different circumstances but still. Well, maybe he'll win the CL and then leave as well, lol.

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], AFAIK Zubizarreta hasn't renewed yet and his contract expires in three days. So we could lose both him and Cortes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we believe what was reported earlier, that Zubizarreta threatened to leave if we didn't part ways with Lluis Cortes, then I hope he will renew. If we lose both, the entire section will be in disarray. Bye bye CL, bye bye league?

Porque

If both the sporting director and players are threatening to leave if Cortes wasn't removed then it suggests something unsavory. I wouldn't like to assume or create speculation though.

Let's be honest though, the gap in talent between mens football and womens football is so big that I would bet then a midrange La Masia coach could step into the womens coaching role and bring success.

It is a shame though that it seems this club at all levels and sporting sectors is always so close to self-implosion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're just club de amigos runned by the players in all aspects.

We'll probably never know what exactly happened (probably for the best) but it's just sad this is going on instead of trying to build on this season success.

Also, Pascual won the CL and he's gone, Cortes the same. Yet Koeman is somehow still here. I know totally different circumstances but still. Well, maybe he'll win the CL and then leave as well, lol.

@DonAK, AFAIK Zubizarreta hasn't renewed yet and his contract expires in three days. So we could lose both him and Cortes.

I think he will renew now that Cortes left.

Messi983

What's most strange here is that Cortes has just renewed his contract before the CL final. Things would be less suspectful if they would let his contract expire. Would be much more believable than him saying now he's leaving because he's exhausted after previous reports (for which I have no reason to believe they're not true) said SD and players have demanded him to go which means things must have gone really wrong somewhere over the last month or so.

I think in some ways Cortes could be similar to Pep - a very demanding and intense coach so both the players and Zubi Jr. might thought his approach won't work longterm and after winning everything some changes are needed but I have hard time to believe this is the only or the most important reason why they've wanted him gone.

Home of Barca Fans