Women's football

Messi983

Chelsea is our opponent in semifinals. They've beat Lyon after penalties yesterday.

Another surprising result is Wolfsburg eliminating PSG. They'll face Arsenal in other semifinal.

Shouldn't underestimate any opponent ofc but I think both French teams going out is a good news for us as we'd probably struggle matching their physicality.

Great goals tbh. Was expecting Mapi to win it easy this week but that Arsenal goal was brilliant too.

https://twitter.com/UWCL/status/1641586094650146817

Also great to see attendance records being broken almost every week.

https://twitter.com/UWCL/status/1641743236040478723

Shows how much women's football has developed over the last two years. Have to think DAZN played important role here broadcasting games for free on their yt channel.

Messi983

Stunning news if true.

Barcelona are in advanced talks to sign Lyon's star forward Ada Hegerberg. She would become the most expensive woman footballer of all time, surpassing Keira Walsh who Barça signed last summer. Laporta met her at the BD'Or ceremony. [@marca] #fcblive

Messi983

soul24rage

The Best returns to the squad

FupLL-IaAAALY-6

Neeraj

So I'm watching this game...and can't help think that the Femini are genuinely, without hyperbole, a better team than the men's team, and it's not even close.

I don't mean they can beat the men's team ofc - just take out the physical aspects of it. But if you look at their patterns of play, their skill level, their quick passing and ability to get out of tight areas - they are vastly better than the men's team.

And then if you look at it from a 'relative' perspective, i.e. how good they are for women wrt how good our team is for men, that's not really a fair comparison (to the men) given how the women's team is akin to the dominating sides of the 09-15 and we are not even a Europa level team on the men's side..

Messi983

Aitana injured, hope it's not serious.

No Alexia today, expected as probably not ready to come into a close game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That was some hard game today, we were quite uncharacteristically nervous.

June 3rd is still a month away, I hope Aitana will recover in time and all of our players are in shape. Either Arsenal or Wolfsburg will be a tough fight for us. Visca Barça!

Home of Barca Fans