Women's football

Messi983

Jenni Hermoso to miss the Euro 2022. She suffers a grade two sprain of the internal lateral ligament of her right knee.

Still no news about Jenni's renewal as well but with Martens gone (she was just presented as a new PSG player yesterday) reports are club will push harder to keep her as it would be tough to replace both.

Great so it was just media BS.. As usual..

Miedema admitted in an interview recently that it was a last minute decision to stay at Arsenal. Wouldn't surprise me if her decision has a lot to do with Martens (her NT team mate) moving to PSG. I think if Lieke would stay Miedema would probably come as well.

In other news, we've confirmed the signing of Nuria Rabano, 22 years old LB from Real Sociedad. She will probably compete for minutes with Rolfo although it's also possible Fridolina will move further up the pitch to play as a winger. She did a good job as a makeshift LB but it's obvious she's more comfortable in a more attacking position.

We're apparently also close to sign Geyse Ferreira (24), a Brazilian striker from Madrid CFF who has scored 20 goals last season in Liga Iberdrola and was a joined top scorer with Oshoala.

Here it says she'll announce her new club in three days (two days from today, so on Monday).

https://twitter.com/obsplayersagent/status/1537679124667457541

Could be also about something else (sponsorship related) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Club is also waiting on a decision of Salma Paralluelo (18), winger from Villarreal. She's still torn on whether she will continue her football career, concentrate on athletics (she's a promising sprinter on 400m) or try to do both for another year. She should reportedly decide before end of this month but either way, even if signed will most likely stay on loan at Villarreal next year so more of a future signing.

Messi983

Wow, this came out of nothing. What a signing!

FVijNGYXsAIvKWV

Messi983

It's an interesting signing as we already have Marta Torrejon who was basically FCB Femeni version of Busi last year. Not by being a liability for the team obviously but by playing like 95% of minutes so we needed competition for her. Didn't expect to get a player of the calibre of Lucy Bronze though. We'll see how Giraldez will rotate between her and Torrejon (she can also play as a winger but we already have CGH there). Anyway, having more quality and options is always welcome.

Looks like Geyse will be official soon as well. Already leaked photos of her at Camp Nou.

[tw]1538162509043183616[/tw]

https://twitter.com/UnaNuevaEraFCB/status/1538162509043183616

Haha, someone said he thought it's Kounde. :lol:

Last edited:

Zidane82

Does anyone really watch women?s footie ??

I watched the England v Belgium ladies the other night - I gave it 10 minutes but it was complete dross . I counted 6 instances of mis- control in the opening few minutes.

Last edited:

Messi983

I have the England v Belgium ladies the other night - I gave it 10 minutes but it was complete dross . I counted 6 instances of mis- control in the opening few minutes.

Well, there is your problem.

Nucky

I have the England v Belgium ladies the other night - I gave it 10 minutes but it was complete dross . I counted 6 instances of mis- control in the opening few minutes.

I watched a few matches of our ladies this season but only because its Barca... Yes there isn't much quality in female football, we are lucky Barca has quality team and even them sometimes look like school boys who started playing football..

Zidane82

Busquets was brilliant though.

At last the penny has dropped..

Actually I bet you do watch womens football as it would explain why you spend all your time bitching like a school girl about something or nothing .
I cannot think of one occasion where you made an interesting point about something football related

Last edited:

Messi983

Not Club America but Pachuca. She will apparently be a top 3 paid player in the world. Can't really blame her if true.

FV0aSiTXoAgGF9V

FV0mWZKXoAALkko

Home of Barca Fans