Women's football

Devils

Classic case of Barca's archaic football getting schooled by physicality/pressing/speed.

Nothing we haven't seen like 50 times over the last 7 years.

FinBarcelonafan

Classic case of Barca's archaic football getting schooled by physicality/pressing/speed.

Can't we consider adding more physical training and making them proper beasts? Lebron James of footballers, let's do it!

Of course, gene plays a role, but I think we need to update our philosophy a bit! That's main point.

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't we consider adding more physical training and making them proper beasts? Lebron James of footballers, let's do it!

Of course, gene plays a role, but I think we need to update our philosophy a bit! That's main point.

u saying the men need to grow titties to win CL?

MagIX

Just back from the Juventus Allianz Stadium, great ambience, but hellish heat
fuck Lyon!
But as Luftstalag14 wrote, let?s try again next year!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the Spanish league is simply not up to par, compared to the English, French and the German league, especially in terms of physicality and speed etc.

Madrid getting better will help us, but we really need to have a more diverse portfolio in terms of our philosophy, not saying we should ditch our own way of playing but we need to add more dimensions and be better prepared for more physical teams like Lyon and Wolfsburg (the 2nd leg which we lost already showed it). PSG plays more like us.

Messi983

We keep taking hits at every level. Football, Basketball, Women's football. :lol:

Handball next in Final four next month. Could see us bottling a 5 goal lead in final or something.

Well, at least we won futsal CL.

True, but this team is like a 2010 men's team. We'll see if they'll learn and bounce back. I have much more faith in them than I ever had in our amigos in last 7 years.

As Alexia said we just couldn't match Lyon's intensity and I think a big reason for that is we are not playing enough competitive games in the league. We streamrolled through the league just by a pure quality/technical difference in comparision to other teams. Didn't even need to do much work tactically and that played a role against Lyon as well. I think Giraldez was a bit naive and Cortes would probably do better as he already learned his lesson in that loss against Lyon in 2019 (when quality difference was obviously much in favour of Lyon).

But then again we were all over the place defensively in first 30 minutes. Can't really say anything about the first goal, just world class finish that even men's football stars wouldn't be ashamed off. But second and third were both preventable. And then I expected a better response in 2nd half after we've scored but Lyon just played as an experienced team. They also wasted a lot of time. Should add like 15 minutes of extra time but don't think it would help us anyway as we just didn't create anywhere near enough of constant pressure on their goal. Only way we could get back into the game would be if that Aitana's shot from almost halfway line would go in. That goal would give the players and fans (they were great BTW, big props to them) a new energy and maybe shake Lyon's confidence a bit. And we would still have more than enough time to equalise.

Not much time to rest anyway, we already play in semi final of Copa de la Reina against CD Tacon on Wednesday.

FinBarcelonafan

True, Lyon tried to keep the tempo of the game broken. They started wasting time from the first minute. I guess to annoy Barca's possession game and give more time for Lyon to take a breath.

It was annoying as ****.

Messi983

6-1 win in the final to complete a domestic treble.

FC Barcelona 6-1 Sporting Huelva
⚽️ Onw Goal (25')
⚽️ Mapi Le?n (32')
⚽️ Ana Crnogorcevic (73')
⚽️ Claudia Pina (80')
⚽️ Lieke Martens (86')
⚽️ Alexia Putellas (90+3')

Looks like Giraldez and Ana Crnogorcevic will renew soon. Also some reports in Catalan media that Jenni and Martens won't stay but hopefully not true.

Markel Zubizarreta: "Probably the first thing we will announce is Jonatan's renewal" ?Via TV3

Ana Crnogorcevic: "It seems that I'm going to stay here, we are talking and we are very close to reach an agreement".?Via @ap_angelperez

Jonatan Gir?ldez, on Martens' renewal: "Lieke Martens has not said she is leaving. A lot of media noise has been created, today she played a good game and the fans have thanked her. When the club and the player have something to say, they will say it."?Via @Mayca_Jimenez

Home of Barca Fans