Women's football

Messi983

It's not just technical and tactical superiority, this team has won the league last week and CL a few days ago, they lead 7-0 in 70th minute and still press and fight like crazy every time they lose a ball.

Messi983

Some rumours about upcoming transfer market for FCB femeni

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-barca-femenino-mercado-entradas-salidas.html

As it was previously reported CB Irene Paredes (captain of PSG and regular starter for Spain NT) will join us which means Andrea Pereira could leave, possibly to join Real Madrid who are trying to build a competitive team (they've already agreed to a contract with Nahikari Garcia from Real Sociedad, one of the better younger spanish forwards). The same could happen with Kheira Hamraoui whose contract is expiring and she's also not regular in midfield.

Club legend Melanie Serrano (could leave Barca after 18 years), Andrea Falcon (she's currently out with a longterm injury but could still get renewed), Ana Crnogorcevic (could also be renewed due to Falcon's injury) are also on expiring contracts.

Carla Armengol (her contract is also expiring) and Claudia Pina (still under contract) are both on loan at Sevilla this season and were expected to return but Bruna Vilamala's "explosion" could change plans.

Manchester United is very interested in Oshoala who is still under contract for next season but could leave to get regular playing time. She could be replaced by a talented Bruna or we could look for another striker of a higher level.

Team captain Vicky Losada whose role on the pitch has diminished could also be looking for a new club where she would play more.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some rumours about upcoming transfer market for FCB femeni

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-barca-femenino-mercado-entradas-salidas.html

As it was previously reported CB Irene Paredes (captain of PSG and regular starter for Spain NT) will join us which means Andrea Pereira could leave, possibly to join Real Madrid who are trying to build a competitive team (they've already agreed to a contract with Nahikari Garcia from Real Sociedad, one of the better younger spanish forwards). The same could happen with Kheira Hamraoui whose contract is expiring and she's also not regular in midfield.

Club legend Melanie Serrano (could leave Barca after 18 years), Andrea Falcon (she's currently out with a longterm injury but could still get renewed), Ana Crnogorcevic (could also be renewed due to Falcon's injury) are also on expiring contracts.

Carla Armengol (her contract is also expiring) and Claudia Pina (still under contract) are both on loan at Sevilla this season and were expected to return but Bruna Vilamala's "explosion" could change plans.

Manchester United is very interested in Oshoala who is still under contract for next season but could leave to get regular playing time. She could be replaced by a talented Bruna or we could look for another striker of a higher level.

Team captain Vicky Losada whose role on the pitch has diminished could also be looking for a new club where she would play more.

Andrea Pereira has been a regular in our defense and quite stellar, hate to see her leaving, particularly for Real Madrid. Kheira Hamraoui too. It is like gifting our potential biggest domestic rival two gems.

Messi983

Andrea Pereira has been a regular in our defense and quite stellar, hate to see her leaving, particularly for Real Madrid. Kheira Hamraoui too. It is like gifting our potential biggest domestic rival two gems.

I think Pereira was the weak link of the team. She was really struggling in the second PSG game and we didn't miss her at all in the final. Irene Paredes will be a clear upgrade.

Kheira is a bit less technical but more physical than our other younger midfielders (Alexia, Aitana, Patri) which is useful in CL but she's not a regular starter in league games and understandable wants to play more. Her experience as a three time CL winner is invaluable so I hope we can keep her but won't be surprised if she'll leave. And even if I'd hate seeing her go to RM I don't see them being a big rival for us for at least 2-3 more years (and at that point she'll be 33-34 and probably on the decline). In short term she would be more dangerous to us if she'd return to France and re-join PSG or Lyon (who I'm sure will want to go back on top and it wouldn't surprise me if they'd try to "steal" some of our other key players as well but hopefully we can keep Lieke, CGH, Alexia, Aitana&co. at the club longterm).

BTW, derby against Espanyol is starting right now.

Home of Barca Fans