What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Football:

Obviously Barca wins this hands down, but my second team would be the mighty Rooks: Lewes FC. Great to watch for years until we got to the Conference and gave up on life, interest has waned since Kingy vacated... Brighton are my local league side and into Cardiff City due to my residence in this fine city.

Don't support other teams but have favourites/preferences in most leagues: Kilmarnock, River Plate, Sporting Lisbon, PSG/St.Etienne, Napoli, Flamengo. I also tend to like most teams in Liga aside from Madrid, Periko's, Betis, Zaragoza, Malaga, Getafe..

Rugby:

Used to be into Rugby League when I was like 7 and Wigan Warriors because me and my brother liked Martin Offiah. Couldn't give a shit now though, as for Union probably Cardiff Blues or Harlequins. Again, don't really care.

Golf:

He may be a Madridista but I have a hard time not liking Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els is quality and I like Ross Fisher, Jesper Parnevik, Darren Clarke and Robert Karlsson.

F1:

Lewis.

NFL:

NY Jets, random pick at the age of 10 or so. Stuck with it despite trying to change to the Carolina Panthers.

NBA:

Hated the fact that everyone when I was younger bummed the Bulls so completely randomly chose the Lakers, then they came good and I resented my choice and felt like a glory hunter. So when they are shit I identify with them.

Tennis:

Strongly don't give a fuck about this sport. Don't hate or like Murray. Admire the Fed because he is awesome.

WWF/E:

Stone Cold!!

Cricket:

SUSSEX COUNTY CRICKET CLUB!!/Sussex Sharks.

veryfatchocobo

Football (soccer)
Barça
Columbus Crew

Hockey - Pittsburgh Penguins

American Football - Pittsburgh Steelers

Tennis - Fed

Boxing - MANNY PACQUIAO (I can't wait anymore for the fight...)

NBA - don't watch it much but Lakers and Cleveland

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I know, i also try and like him becuase of that, but then the torchure of watching him makes me believe he's a madrid supporter.

:lol: so true. He's a wanker, and I hate the way he's hyped up and forced on me by the media here. Bring back Tim.

C

ChuckaOwns

LOL Tim, what a legend, Tim and his 'not so tough fist pump' :lol:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Lol it was so posh, loved it. Tiger Tim was such a quality nickname as well :lol: It will always be Henman Hill, what a guy!

C

ChuckaOwns

Fair doo's you have GOT to love Tim....Me and my mate were watching the last wimbledon final, and we were just giving digs at Tim, all in good humour...Legend. Nuff said.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
great thread, Eddy.

Football: I really only have eyes for FCB. Otherwise my affiliations have been player based, for instance I supported Fiorentina when Batistuta was there, and Arsenal when Bergkamp was there. I'm going to start getting in to TFC next season, as I'll finally have the cash to go to some games.

Basketball: I am a Laker fan. The only other organization that can rival my love for FCB is the LA Lakers. Been a fan since I found out that they had a guy named Earvin Magic Johnson (name is close enough, and his bday is the same day as mine) when I was 5. No other team even enters the equation.

Hockey: I was born in Montreal, so I'm a Habs fan. Although I have a soft spot for the Flames (Iginla!). Don't really follow hockey that often, although with my HD package hockey looks beautiful on my TV, so I watch whenever the Habs are on TV. oh, and with the Olympics coming up, Go Canada Go!

Baseball: Love the Jays and Expos. That's right, Expos 4 Life!! LOL!! started following the Jays/Expos before I even moved to TO. I was hoping for an all Canadian World Series one day, but the Expos' death took care of that hope. Still a Jays fan, they are my abusive sports team in that they abuse me but I just keep going back for more.

American Football: SF 49ers. Don't know how I started following them. Must have been Steve Young. but whatever the reason, I always follow their moves/watch their games when I can. and I hate Bret Favre.

F1: I like Ferrari and BMW. Mainly because they are my two favorite car manufacturers. I hated Schumacher though, from when he tried to run Jacque Villeneuve off the track. I think the Ice Man is cool, and Massa is going to be a great champ one day.

Other Sports: ermmmmmmmm ... I used to watch tennis, I loved Steffi Graf. Today I'll only watch when Rog and Rafa play. I used to follow World Rally Car a lot. but when Peugeot dropped out I stopped watching. Superbike is something I love watching, with Troy Bayliss as my fav rider. Not really in to rugby. Cricket I'll only follow during the World Cup (Go Windies!). I love watching sailing, when the America's Cup is on I never miss it. I think boats are cool. What else ... don't watch golf. That's about it.

Moe