Iconic Pictures in Sports

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Love that first photo, as for Greece....I still can't figure out how they won that tournament! The strangest thing was a Portuguese barman at the Estadio da Luz told me the day before the opening game that Greece would win it. I laughed at him!

maz

I walk the line
article-0-000ECDF100000258-796_468x534.jpg

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Many won't agree with these two but for me they are two iconic pictures. One of the best strikers of his generation finally realising a lifelong ambition and taking a moment alone to reflect, and the representation of where it all began: la masia.

MDF44443.jpg

bojan-grande.jpg

There's a better one than this with Busquets and Iniesta but I can't find it!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Isnt this about iconic pictures as opposed to iconic moments? I dont think that iran picture is that iconic. Obviously the moment is debatably iconic, but the picture? I dont think so.
Post here any significant, memorable or iconic picture in any sport.. I will start with a picture of "The Greatest" and another one for the legend Michael Jordan
It may not be an iconic picture, but it's significant. ;) It's a bonus if you come up with an iconic one!

C

ChuckaOwns

Ye defo a bonus....Btw Maz why would it be so great if Iran won it? there like one of the strongest teams in Asia.....

Guardian

1224247942763_1.jpg

Uruguay winning the World Cup in 1950 in front of 200 000 mad Brazilians at the legendary Maracana stadium. This photo shows Chiggia's winning goal.

Home of Barca Fans