Italy

S

Super Pippo

The incident in question involved Parma, Hamzah.

Don't see how you think its a conspiracy when you have also seen the footage and know of the incident.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
very well but he's known as a juventus player mostly. if pepe left madrid we'd know him as a madrid player and still make fun of him...

same with you and cannavaro

S

Super Pippo

Actually I associate him most with Parma, he played there for many years and it was in that period that I went to every Milan game at the Sansa.

Anyway, I've never had a high opinion of him, not because of who he played for either. I just think his career has too many question marks over it about drug abuse and of course match fixing later on. He did lift the World Cup for my country, so I respect him for that, but I don't consider him to be a true great defender. That belongs to people of far greater loyalty, ability and character in my opinion.

S

Super Pippo

Not for me, infact I rate Nesta the highest, (Baresi is better I'm sure, but just before my time so I won't comment on him). Cannavaro and Maldini are great for the amazing tackles and the photo moments of lifting CL's, WC's etc. But Nesta has always been such a level headed, very smart player who you never saw out of position, he knew where even the greatest of attackers was going to play before they even had the ball. His great skill was that he rarely had to resort to a showstopping challenge as he'd already dealt with it by getting in the perfect position. A genius.

Beast

The Observer
disregarding the FACT that Cannavaro held down a make shift defense through out the WC on his own , you amaze me

S

Super Pippo

I praised Canna for that already Gio.

But Nesta did the same thing for Milan in the CL of 07 - many more games and harder opposition.

And the only reason it was not the starting line up in Germany was because Nesta got injured. Matrix came in and was eh... decisive as we all know. Nesta had to make up for Maldini in that whole CL campaign.

We have talked about this before though. I rate Sandro the best, you Canna, niether of us will convince the other.

veryfatchocobo

Italy needs to look at newer defenders.... They have geriatric defenders who are extremely amazing at their job, but I don't hear about the 20+ year old Italian defenders except Chiellini.

S

Super Pippo

Maybe they are not so prominent yet, but there are younger options. I blame Lippi for not introducing younger players, (across the field, not just defence), because the likes of Criscito, Santon, Santacroce could do well for the Azzurri. Better I think than the ageing stars, same in midfield, its why I'm sure we won't retain the World Cup in South Africa.

S

Super Pippo

Ireland is not a good nation for the Azzurri. I have a bad feeling for this game...

Home of Barca Fans