Italy

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Serie A is considered a retirement league for a reason and people who didn't succeed in a better league come and flourish there.

El Gato

Villarato!
Serie A is considered a retirement league for a reason and people who didn't succeed in a better league come and flourish there.

While true I think this mindset does disservice to those that come out of that league and flourish elsewhere. There aren't so many of them over in Italy granted, but those that are become at the very least good supporting acts. I think if types of Vlahović or Dybala went to a different top3 league (not France) you'd not see much difference. Which does attest to some quality. It's just that conservatism of people like Allegri and arguably Conte has left that league in absolute dust with respect to other European sides. I have some respect for Pioli, Inzaghi, Gasperini or Sarri for having a different flavour to their football. If it were followed by stable and sufficient financial support and consistency of performance in Europe, we'd view Serie A as a whole quite differently.

I think we should be more charitable to Serie A in general. They generally always put up a fight vs Prem and La Liga in CL. But really need to start seeing Europa as a legitimate opportunity to improve league stature.

Last edited:

OGbarca

Banned
^ agree

we all accept that Liverpool > inter but pool didnt exactly sweep them in their 2-legged tie this month and last

Home of Barca Fans