K1, ufc, mma

Trickykid

Koch has a busted knee, and has been withdrawn from the UFC 153 fight with Aldo. Edgar will get an instant title shot instead. That's one tough intro to the division for Edgar! I hope he does well, but I wonder just far down a loss will send him in the pecking order.

Sonnen isn't some washed up out of shape has been. why take a fight on such short notice when the opponent is extremely dangerous like sonnen.

so Jones suffers from hubris. who wouldn't at his age beating some of the best MMA has to offer. Accepting a fight on 8 days notice based on pride instead of with your head is just begging to add an embarrassing loss to your record.

I hate Jones don't know why..but he made the right choice not accepting Sonnnen fight, the guy does not deserve a shot against the LHW Champion and also its an unnecessary risk for Jones to accept it

Man Jones Elbows are nasty, Dont understand why Belfort keep on trying to take it to the ground, of the current LHW I can only see a injury-free Rua and Machida beat him. Bisping did real good he's Boxing skills keep getting better.

F

Flavia

UFC Rio 3 going on... anyone watching? Anderson Silva x Stephan Bonnar in a bit.

F

Flavia

Knockout for the Spider on the first round. No chance for Bonnar.

Trickykid

Holy crap am I hyped for UFC 154!
GSP has never been the most exciting fighter in my eyes, but I'm extremely interested to see what level he's on after all this time. If he's back to where he was before his ACL injury, he should brush off Condit fairly easily, I believe, but who knows, right? I would much rather have seen him against Nick Diaz though.
Kampmann vs Hendricks should be special too. As a dane I'm of course super stoked to see The Hitman in action again, and a win should put him in contention for a titel fight with GSP. Hendricks looks scary though, and Kampmann will need all his endurance to come out of this one alive. In the end, I doubt it'll be enough.

The rest of the card looks tasty too, so it's a God damn shame it starts at 4am, where I should be sound asleep. Will most likely record it and watch on the morrow.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Having a party tonight for UFC 154!!! Cooler full of brew, catered food, friends/family... it's going down! Go GSP!

Sounds great. Having a rather low key show here myself, as the alarm just woke me after a couple hours of sleep. Coffee, my body craves coffee!

Great first round of the first fight. Shame the remaining two turned into all ground 'n' pound.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Sounds like The Spider is finally going to fight GSP in a Superfight. Such an intriguing fight, as The Spider's weakness is his wrestling but his stand-up is the best in the history of MMA. I think GSP catches a beatdown but it wouldn't surprise me to see him pull off the upset if he tries to copy Sonnen's gameplan in the first Silva-Sonnen fight. Will easily be the biggest MMA fight ever.

Johny Hendricks does have some power in his hands. People forget about his wrestling, he won 2 Division I NCAA titles. He should actually fight Condit next if he has to wait for the Superfight to go down.

Nick Diaz comes back soon. I think it'll be against Koscheck.

Ronda Rousey signing with the UFC is huge for the future of Women MMA. Hopefully they build towards the fight with Cyborg over the course of a year to try to build even more hype towards it.

UFC on Fox 5 is stacked.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans