K1, ufc, mma

barcanuck

I will be going to UFC in Seattle :) That card is way more stacked than what they gave us Canadians in Montreal.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
What a great card to go to. Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz should be an all-out war. Gustaffson gets his toughest test to date in Shogun. Rory MacDonald (who I believe is the next big thing in MMA) is fighting Penn.

Trickykid

Yeah, it should be an absolute blast. I would love to see Bendo be humbled by Nate Diaz, and I'm extremely excited for the Gustafsson vs Rua battle. Penn will probably get torn a new one by Rory Macdonald though. It's a shame what has become of him.

barcanuck

Yeah, it should be an absolute blast. I would love to see Bendo be humbled by Nate Diaz, and I'm extremely excited for the Gustafsson vs Rua battle. Penn will probably get torn a new one by Rory Macdonald though. It's a shame what has become of him.

The big 3 fights all decision but they were all very good fights.

Impressive victory by Henderson, owned Diaz every single round. He didn't allow Diaz to use his boxing at all, most impressed with the champ.

Rory had his name chanted, booed, chanted and booed throughout the fight, it was amazing atmosphere for that. He hurt BJ without actually finishing him. BJ is tough as nails though.

Gustaffsson is amazing, very smart fighter. He out smarted Rua and beat him fairly on decision!

Trickykid

The big 3 fights all decision but they were all very good fights.

Impressive victory by Henderson, owned Diaz every single round. He didn't allow Diaz to use his boxing at all, most impressed with the champ.

Rory had his name chanted, booed, chanted and booed throughout the fight, it was amazing atmosphere for that. He hurt BJ without actually finishing him. BJ is tough as nails though.

Gustaffsson is amazing, very smart fighter. He out smarted Rua and beat him fairly on decision!

I must admit, as much as I was looking forwards to them, I was fairly disappointed with the those 3 fights. First and foremost I had thought that Diaz could at least threaten Bendo, but boy was I wrong. It was complete and utter domination. The Rory vs BJ fight went pretty much as I had expected, and though it's a blast watching Rory in action, it's just sad what has become of BJ Penn. Even though you have to admire his guts for taking this fight, he really should've retired beforehand. Either the other fighters have simply caught up with him, and surpassed him, or he's just a shadow of his former self. I agree with Gustafsson, he's the man. Rua always looks dangerous even though he was being dominated, so it wasn't one way traffic like the two other bouts. Gustafsson should get that title shot vs. Jon Jones sooner or later, and I can't wait for that!

barcanuck

A note about Rory is that the kid fights at 200 pounds. He just needs to move up to Middleweight already and take on some guys his own size. GSP is the same he is around 195 when it's fight time. BJ is fat for 175, he should of never moved up at his age. Anyhow I hope to see Rory move up if he can't beat Condit.

Trickykid

No love for UFC155?
It was pretty much a complete bust up until the two last fights, but oh man, they sure as hell made it all worth it!
Miller vs. Lauzon was just bloody (pun intended) entertaining mayhem, with both guys fighting their hearts out.
The main card was amazing too. I had expected a fairly close bout, but Cain was absolutely insane, and JDS looked shellshocked from the round 1. Now I'm just looking forward to Velasquez vs JDS III.

barcanuck

What a heavy weight fight! I can't belive Cain brought it for 5 rounds to Dos Santos. Was expecting Junior to just KO him but didn't happen. Cain put a beating on the champ and earned that belt back!

barcanuck

Can't have 3 straight matches against each other in a row. JDS will get his shot again, but first Uberroid.

I don't know how anyone who watched that fight can say this. He was controlled and dominated, basically overwhelmed, the entire fight.

Up until he got rocked, he was able to stump out Cains takedowns quite comfortably, once he got knocked down however that was it, Cain controlled the fight pretty much from then on.

Home of Barca Fans