K1, ufc, mma

messi2140

6racies Xavi
khabib retiring at 29-0 wtf wait till 30

Seems his mother didn't want him to fight without his father. So he promised her that Gaethje would be his last fight. Great way to retire imo , just a shame we never had that cursed Tony vs Khabib fight.

Ahmedd

Seems his mother didn't want him to fight without his father. So he promised her that Gaethje would be his last fight. Great way to retire imo , just a shame we never had that cursed Tony vs Khabib fight.

Dana won't try to convice him either apparently, Khabib vs Fergusson for the 30-0 would have been amazing. His father wanted him to get that 30th victory though so...

Richard.H

Gaethje never stood a chance, just a power striker. You gotta have more variety to beat khabib. I would love to see both come out of retirement and have a Khabib Mcgregor rematch

Sailor Mars

Khabib will surely be in the GOAT conversation. Just absolutely dominated and only lost like 2 rounds in his entire UFC career. Only minor criticism of him would be not enough title defences compared to other greats.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol. McGregor was awful. Not checking a single leg kick, tired at the end of the first round and his “notorious” left hand looked weak as fuck.

Richard.H

didnt age well. your boy got knocked out

Man MMA has to be the most unpredictable sport. Poirier was a scrub to Connor a few years ago. Connor comes back and looks nowhere near as sharp as he was even in the Cerrone fight. Crazy, but I'll take my L. Not sure if he can come back from this. Made too much money so motivation isn't fully there and he is getting older and slower. Knockout power and stamina aren't as good

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Don't think it has anything to do with the unpredictability of the sport or Connor not being sharp. Poirier fought very strong opponennts ( Max , Gaethje etc) and won them. No disprespect to Ceronne but the guy is known for not winning the big fights the past several years (go check his record). So Connor winning against him didn't mean anything.

Richard.H

Don't think it has anything to do with the unpredictability of the sport or Connor not being sharp. Poirier fought very strong opponennts ( Max , Gaethje etc) and won them. No disprespect to Ceronne but the guy is known for not winning the big fights the past several years (go check his record). So Connor winning against him didn't mean anything.

Completely disagree. Connor ate alive a prime Aldo and a prime Chad Mendes who to me were much better fighters than Poirier. I just don't think Connor is as sharp anymore as he was before. His entire fighting style is based on counterpunching and being sharp with them. I think perhaps age is catching up to him.

I also don't like the current "respectful" Connor. The shittalking one seemed more motivated and hungry to win anyway possible. I know Poirier is a very good fighter, but if this fight happened last year I think it would be a different story.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Think you completely missed my point. Those fights were Connor was knocking out his opponents were 5+ years ago. While Poirier was putting in work the past couple years , Connor was enjoying that paycheck he got from the Mayweather fight. A combination of age , lack of motivation , him focused more on boxing than MMA ( check Thwix post about him not checking the leg kics) etc.

Home of Barca Fans