Positive Thinking Cules

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First amigos need to leave then we'll see. :) Better not though because it's very likely that player will either end up at Madrid or be shit for us if we sign him. :lol:

https://twitter.com/FTalentScout/status/1574335570825863171

Youngest teams in Europe's top 5 leagues this season by @CIES_Football.

Interesting fact: Barcelona is the team with the highest % of minutes given to U-21 players.

FdkpKqvXoAAzX_y

Interesting (but not really surprising) that we're both a team with highest % of minutes given to U21 players and over 30 players at the same time.

It is interesting. What do we derive from it though.
Lewa is as athletic as the next kid (if your name is not Gavi). Age is just a number as long as you are pro (or not Busqets :lol:)

Windhook

I'm under the impression last year our squad was more youth oriented than the current one. Koeman's experiments before being fired, you know. Never bothered with that stat. Quality matters, not quantity.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm under the impression last year our squad was more youth oriented than the current one. Koeman's experiments before being fired, you know. Never bothered with that stat. Quality matters, not quantity.

Bro...so many things wrong with this comment...

Guess we need Jamdav back.

Windhook

Bro...so many things wrong with this comment...

Guess we need Jamdav back.

Stay positive, Horatio. This is not the thread JamDav invests his time.

I said "under the impression", because I didn't base that comment on stats. I remember Gavi, Nico, Abde, Mingueza, Puig and Ilias were featured in a lot of games in the post-Messi period until the January 2022 reinforcements.

Horatio

You're welcome
Stay positive, Horatio. This is not the thread JamDav invests his time.

I said "under the impression", because I didn't base that comment on stats. I remember Gavi, Nico, Abde, Mingueza, Puig and Ilias were featured in a lot of games in the post-Messi period until the January 2022 reinforcements.

Why do you think that is? xD

Horatio

You're welcome
Before going into my theories, I'd ask you the same question. Would like to read your opinion first.

Money. Or rather: Xavi being allowed to make the transfers he wanted. That is the difference. Not much else to it.

Last edited:

Windhook

Money. Or rather: Xavi being allowed to make the transfers he wanted. That is the difference. Not much else to it.

My theory is something similar. Money. To be more specific - the lack of it after shock departure of Messi. Since Laporta won the election, there was this atmosphere of Koeman being unwanted by the board and tensions grew more and more in the summer with the club affording only free transfer players like Depay and loaned De Jong from Sevilla, also at some point Wijnaldum was in the conversation.

Was Koeman sabotaged by the board so the club can get rid of him? I don't think so. A manager contract is insignificant compared to the money earned from knockout stages of CL, TV rights and sponsorship.

IMO the board didn't have the mechanisms to keep the ship afloat back in the fall of 2021.

Horatio

You're welcome
My theory is something similar. Money. To be more specific - the lack of it after shock departure of Messi. Since Laporta won the election, there was this atmosphere of Koeman being unwanted by the board and tensions grew more and more in the summer with the club affording only free transfer players like Depay and loaned De Jong from Sevilla, also at some point Wijnaldum was in the conversation.

Was Koeman sabotaged by the board so the club can get rid of him? I don't think so. A manager contract is insignificant compared to the money earned from knockout stages of CL, TV rights and sponsorship.

IMO the board didn't have the mechanisms to keep the ship afloat back in the fall of 2021.

Sure, so you know the answer as to why we had more youth before than now. You made it sound as if it was some long-term course Koeman or the clubd decided to take and how we now refrained from that course.

Last edited:

Windhook

Sure, so you know the answer as to why we had more youth before than now. You made it sound as if it was some long-term course Koeman or the clubd decided to take and how we now refrained from that course.

Nah, never meant that. Probably I got lost in translation, the circumstances surrounding the club forced us on using so many youngsters in the first half of the season.

Messi983

That is great news indeed. I noticed we play most games with 80k plus these days.

Yep, even more so considering we were playing against Rayo, Valladolid and Elche so far. Should continue with good performances and results to keep fans around. Especially since we will lose money next season playing home games at Montjuic.

Windhook

The young blood was moving the ball totally. I'm backing up those kids until the end. Hope they don't learn the bad habits of the old guard who think more about pussy than football.

malvolio

The young blood was moving the ball totally. I'm backing up those kids until the end. Hope they don't learn the bad habits of the old guard who think more about pussy than football.

they don't have the talent of the old guard. that's why we'll probably never reach those heights again.

Home of Barca Fans