Oleguer

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder what he is upto these days.

The true Lord.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I'm sure Zubi has his number in his little black book of potential signings to make people question my sanity.

Messi983

Looks like he's doing some solid work with kids in his home town Sabadell. Nice to hear.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2021/04/13/60756478268e3e9a098b45b5.html

Oleguer's new life fighting against the 'other' values ​​of football in children: "There are situations that I don't like"

The former Bar?a player, at 41, tries to alleviate the countervalues ​​of the beautiful game in children in a community project in Sabadell

Former Barcelona player Oleguer Presas, who won the Champions League and two Leagues as a Bar?a player, is once again involved in football through a community football school project in a former Civil Guard barracks in Sabadell with which he intends to teach values ​​for boys and girls different from those that prevail in the beautiful game.

"During my experience as a coach (he has the basic level) I realized that grassroots football is very focused on performance and from my point of view there are human situations that I don't like and that make me feel uncomfortable" Oleguer explains to EFE in a park in the center of his hometown, which he has reached by bicycle.

"I wanted to do things in a very different way," adds who started playing football at Lepanto, a modest club in Sabadell, to later be signed by San Gabriel and ended up in the first team of the Gramenet, in Second Division B. , before making the big leap to Bar?a B.

The project, which formally began in September 2018, was already underway when Oleguer joined him as a 'companion' (he prefers that consideration to that of a coach or monitor). But the main managers are the fathers and mothers, who attend all the trainings.

"There are many people who idealize the vision of football, of what we see on TV and of individualities, but this dynamic at the same time generates a counter-dynamic of people who want their son or daughter to play and have a good time , which find it difficult to achieve it in the form of rejections or fights in training ", argues Oleguer.

These boys and girls, who are between 6 and 12 years old (broadening the age range is not ruled out) and play in a mixed way on the school's cement futsal field with an 11 soccer ball, are not enrolled in any competition and only play two games a quarter. "It has been good for us not to have competition for this moment of joint learning that aims to change the most competitive and individualistic dynamics," says the former center.

"If we had started in a competition without doing any previous work it would have been more difficult to explain to them that the result is not important and that we all have to play together," he adds.

Although Oleguer, who during his time as a footballer did not hesitate to raise his voice in the social and political causes that he considered appropriate, does not rule out participating in competitions in the long run: "It can be interesting. The competition gives you relevant values ​​with the we have to work because many things happen and conflicts occur, and the management of these conflicts is what makes us different. "

"The companions try to pay close attention to what is happening in the game to be able to stop it and reflect on what is happening," Oleguer continues. "For example, when in the choice of teams a boy says he does not want to go with a girl," he explains.

khaled_a_d

A thread on reddit reminded me of this guy.
Apparently he was into Politics before his football academy. Run into elections but didn't succeed.
Also, was surprised to know he had Major in Economics

Home of Barca Fans