Juan Román Riquelme

FlyLo

Not really a Barca legend but an ex-player nonetheless.

I was arguing with a friend about him a few days ago. I said Argentina don't need Riquelme at all, he firmly disagreed.

Your opinions? Btw: is Boca Juniors playing a match in about an hour? I'm curious if I was wrong about him (I thought he was horrible at the Olympics).

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i would kill for riquelme to be back i miss the aimar riquelme d'aessandro days so much..

[FCB]Messi[10

Not really a Barca legend but an ex-player nonetheless.

I was arguing with a friend about him a few days ago. I said Argentina don't need Riquelme at all, he firmly disagreed.

Your opinions? Btw: is Boca Juniors playing a match in about an hour? I'm curious if I was wrong about him (I thought he was horrible at the Olympics).

Riquelme is the best free kick taker that Argentina has and that Boca Juniors has but thats my opinion. I have seen a lot of games of Boca and he is still a really good player, I wouldn't mind if he would come back to Barca. He is like Xavi, he makes great assists and passes the ball around a lot. But I think Riquelme is a better free kick taker then Xavi.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i loved riquelme when he was playing for villareal but he has some attidute problems and would not fit well in our team right now, he has to be the main man for him to be effective and at barca he will never be that

barSELOna

He'd like to be a legend in Argentina like Maradona , he never wanted to leave but boca's management forced him to leave Boca

Lemmi

The Reckoner
The guy is so immensely talented. Things could have worked at Barca but Van Gaal was determined not to let it, he was Gasparts man.

Looked good under Raddy but that whole renassaince was forgotten very quickly.

nebeer

Love is All
Riquelme is an artist with the ball and I love watching his lazy elegance on the pitch. He is a midfield maestro.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
The team needs to play through him, which is not bad considering he's pretty good at what he does.. But xavi and iniesta are so much better suited to you..

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
A clever talented player who played amazing for Argentina but for clubs, phhhf he came he went.

Seamus

Juan Roman Riquelme

Searched for a thread but couldn't find anything so here it goes.

Played 30 games for Barca and scored 3 goals. Such a shame van Gaal didnt give him more oppurtunities in his correct position. He was superb at Boca, but was never deployed in his correct position at Barca, which was a huge waste in my opinion. He did brilliant at Villareal then after, scored 36 goals in 106 games. Can't imagine many people here being fans of his due to his disappointing time at Barca, but no one can deny his quality.

fotos-juan-roman-riquelme-celebrando-gol-barcelona.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Absolutely brilliant, a joy to watch, and also one of the biggest cancers to ever play the game. When Argentina was built around him they were epic but were never going to win anything serious.

El Gato

Villarato!
Was it the guy who missed a penalty in stoppage time or so against Arsenal in CL semis in 2006 ?

Jk, of course I know the guy, but he was never gonna be anything more than a typical 1-season-wonder kind of player. Just didn't care enough.

BTW
There is a thread about him on 3rd page.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans