FC Barcelona Handbol

Farripas

I see that historically we are. 22 titles on wikipedia.

Historically yes, but not at the moment and that's what counts, no? 1 title in the last 5 years in a sport where only two countries have chances of winning(last title by a non spanish/portuguese team was Follonica in 2007) does not make us King of Europe.

serghei

Historically yes, but not at the moment and that's what counts, no? 1 title in the last 5 years in a sport where only two countries have chances of winning(last title by a non spanish/portuguese team was Follonica in 2007) does not make us King of Europe.

True, but even in Handball you can say that we kind of underachieved until this season. Got beaten by weaker sides in pressure-high matches, often choking up big leads in Final 4.

Last CL win was in 2015 I think.

Farripas

True, but even in Handball you can say that we kind of underachieved until this season. Got beaten by weaker sides in pressure-high matches, often choking up big leads in Final 4.

Last CL win was in 2015 I think.

I understand what you're saying ans we're probablyu splitting hairs. But in Handball we won all games and the title THIS year. In roller hockey, the last title was in 2018. Not that long ago, but still... Only two countries fight for the title and realistically, only us from Spain, with a challenge from Reus or Liceo from time to time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I understand why Laporta wanted some older guys and high earners go, but I couldn't comprehend why he so so hell bent on firing Xavi Pascual. Especially given that his replacement is someone from a lower table German club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Enric Masip's interview with Cat Radio said it clearly Xavi Puscual's dismissal was due to economic reasons, first and foremost. So was the case with the decision to not renew Palmarsson.

Expect frugality in the next couple of years at the very least that will affect handball and other sections adversely, even with basketball.

khaled_a_d

Egyptian media saying we are close to sign Ali Zein, as cheaper replacement for Palmarsson.
Weird if it happens tbh, because he has an offer with twice the salary in Egypt (to my surprise, NT players in Egypt are paid like top European clubs)

khaled_a_d

Egyptian media saying we are close to sign Ali Zein, as cheaper replacement for Palmarsson.
Weird if it happens tbh, because he has an offer with twice the salary in Egypt (to my surprise, NT players in Egypt are paid like top European clubs)

It is official.

khaled_a_d

Is he good?

Yes, Egypt lost on penalties with Denmark in the last world cup and then they went to win it all. He was one of our main stars, and very good defender btw.
Egypt generally have many good players that can play with any team in Europe, but as I mentioned above they are paid way too high to challenge themselves abroad. Ali made a decision to take a massive paycut to come here.
That said, don't expect him to be the star of the team or replace Palmarsson

serghei

It's a problem if cutting costs means not being competitive. Laporta needs to understand that the team is the best in the sport, can't drop off. And I stress this again, handball is 3rd most popular team sport in Europe after football and basketball.

The whole handball team costs us the wages of Griezmann for 3 months probably :lol:. And they are European Champions and won every game last season.

FinBarcelonafan

It's a problem if cutting costs means not being competitive. Laporta needs to understand that the team is the best in the sport, can't drop off. And I stress this again, handball is 3rd most popular team sport in Europe after football and basketball.

The whole handball team costs us the wages of Griezmann for 3 months probably :lol:. And they are European Champions and won every game last season.

Good point but that's also the problem. It seems like everything else is working in Barca organization but the men's first team, which is the biggest money hole.

Pretty funny. Otherwise Barca is doing well.

We need to fix the first team somehow. It's killing everything else.

serghei

Good point but that's also the problem. It seems like everything else is working in Barca organization but the men's first team, which is the biggest money hole.

Pretty funny. Otherwise Barca is doing well.

We need to fix the first team somehow. It's killing everything else.

Because the football team has been destroyed by Barto and his men. Would be a mistake to cripple the sections that do well and are no1 in their sport, beating teams with bigger budgets.

FinBarcelonafan

Because the football team has been destroyed by Barto and his men. Would be a mistake to cripple the sections that do well and are no1 in their sport, beating teams with bigger budgets.

That's why all the loans I guess, but our first team needs to be fixed immediately. It's losing all the money this organization makes. Everything else seems to work.

I hope it never comes to that.. we have to sacrifice other sports. In the end it's small money.b

Home of Barca Fans