FC Barcelona Handbol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ludovic Fabregas has officially signed with Vezsprem from 2023 when his Barca contract expires.

This whole handball business of players signing future contracts just seems odd to me. Vezsprem has made 4 future signings today.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/balo...regas-vezsprem-termino-proxima-temporada.html

Yeah, I was going to say that, what a strange way to announce future signings when players still have contracts with their current clubs for another season. Is this customary in club handball?

Anyways, Fabregas is one of the best, if not the best pivot or whatever position you call that in handball, as far as I know. Also his leadership qualities will be missed. He will be hard to be replaced and I hope we will start looking soon.

Messi983

We already have Luis Frade who was the best pivot in U19 World championship a few years ago. He missed most of this season with a torn ACL but hopefully he can come back and reach his potential. I'm sure we'll also sign someone over the next year to replace Fabregas though.

Yeah, those future signings are quite common although AFAIK not as much as being officially confirmed by clubs but more of players announcing to leave current club when contract expires and/or more or less reliable media reports where they'll sign next year.

It's not like in football where players can't negotiate with other clubs until they have 6 months left on the contract (although I'm sure a lot of agents are still doing that).

Last edited:

Messi983

Two more signings confirmed.

[tw]1544648858705301504[/tw]

https://twitter.com/FCBhandbol/status/1544648858705301504

[tw]1545338950709026816[/tw]

https://twitter.com/FCBhandbol/status/1545338950709026816

Wanne, Nielsen and Carlsbogard joining was already known for months, will be interesting to see if we'll sign anyone else. Don't think we really need though as team is almost complete.

We've also promoted and extended contract of 19 years old Artur Parera who will be 3rd pivot behind Fabregas and Frade.

62c57a6bcb9b9.jpeg

serghei

The squad looks great. Let's go for that 3rd CL in a row. And I like Ortega much more than Pasqual.

Messi983

The squad looks great. Let's go for that 3rd CL in a row. And I like Ortega much more than Pasqual.

Yeah, tbh I was a bit sceptical about him but he did incredible job. Especially considering he had to won over the player's confidence at the start of the season as I'd say most if not all of them were surprised (and many probably also disappointed) that Pascual was let go after he just won a CL.

serghei

Dominating Kielce at HT by 5 goals at home. The team can make the 3peat, they have a phenomenal attack and the new keeper is an insane talent.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fought hard to the end, Dika Mem injured, we tried everything. Will try again next year. Still the best team in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans