FC Barcelona Handbol

serghei

Didn't we finish the group first and unbeaten, well ahead of Kiel though?

We did. But the team with that manager falls short when it matters most. In the CL final 4.

Pascual is the Valverde of handball. King of the Group stages, while fucking up when it counts the most. Decent manager normally, but when the pressure is on, the team collapses. That sounds familiar :lol:.

Messi983

The effect of us being short on money starts showing, I wonder?

I hope they are getting somebody to replace him.

Yeah, probably.

The undisputed starter, his continuity was a priority for both the coach, Xavi Pascual, and the sports director, David Barrufet. The technical secretariat had already notified the higher echelons about Palmarsson's wishes and the urgency of closing its renovation, but has not found a firm response in these months of difficult management between the resignation of Josep Maria Bartomeu, the parenthesis of the management board and the arrival of the new board chaired by Joan Laporta.

Aalborg seems to be quite ambitious club too, they'll also sign Mikkel Hansen, our former and current PSG player.

Messi983

Any reason as to why?

Apparently due to disagreements with a new board about Palmarsson leaving.

All this happening two days before we play CL quarterfinals against Meshkov Brest is not ideal. I hope the team will stay concentrated.

David Barrufet could also be leaving.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently due to disagreements with a new board about Palmarsson leaving.

All this happening two days before we play CL quarterfinals against Meshkov Brest is not ideal. I hope the team will stay concentrated.

Right, the timing is very bad. I don’t know much about the details but I have got this feeling that Laporta is coming here to rock the boat and is ruffling feathers, in a bad way. For departments that are doing well, why change?

Messi983

Tbh I don't mind Pascual leaving. This team is too good (and expensive) to not win the CL in 6 years (if we won't do it this season). We've not had a true domestic competitor since Ciudad Real disappeared a decade ago so winning Spanish league and cups won't do it.

Also don't know about contract details for Palmarsson (what we've offered him and what he's eventually signed for in Aalborg) so hard to comment on that. But Barrufet has done a good job so him leaving doesn't make much sense. And as you've said, the timing of this news is bad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tbh I don't mind Pascual leaving. This team is too good (and expensive) to not win the CL in 6 years (if we won't do it this season). We've not had a true domestic competitor since Ciudad Real disappeared a decade ago so winning Spanish league and cups won't do it.

Also don't know about contract details for Palmarsson (what we've offered him and what he's eventually signed for in Aalborg) so hard to comment on that. But Barrufet has done a good job so him leaving doesn't make much sense. And as you've said, the timing of this news is bad.

I just read an article that says we have a rather moderate handball budget, between the 6th and 9th in Europe, handball-wise?

Also there might be other players leaving like Kevin Moeller? Mass exodus because of money issues?

Last edited:

Messi983

We've easily beaten Meshkov Brest, other quarter-finals ties were much closer...

Bar?a?s 2020/21 season just gets better and better. The team has now qualified for the EHF FINAL4 again ? and this time as the first team ever without dropping a point all season. Still, this is no guarantee for anything in Cologne, as recent history has shown. In December, Bar?a lost the final of the delayed EHF FINAL4 from last season. But in June, THW Kiel won?t be there to prevent them from lifting the trophy.

E123NjJWQAENSiS

The draw for the EHF FINAL4 2021 will take place on 25th May 11:00 (CEST), live on Facebook & YouTube; more information to follow on http://eurohandball.com

E124OyIXoAEdpgU

Home of Barca Fans