Skiing

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Winter Sports

I used to watch it all the time while Janica Kostelic ruled the sport. She broke all the records and got tired of skiing and moved to sea town - Rijeka and opened a beauty salon. She was only 24 when she retired.
I really fell in love in Winter Sports during the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo. My favorite was, surprise, surprise, Bojan Krizaj :)

Here`s the mascot from that 1984 Olympics- Vucko (Wolfie)
[attachment=0:3fwedh2e]vucko.jpg[/attachment:3fwedh2e]

Nowadays, my favorite winter sport is Ice Hockey. Especially the Olympic tournaments

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That was the surprise. Ivica passed on this competition and noone hoped Natko to take anything. Well done

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ivica Kostelic is the one I`m hoping to take the title this year.

Current standings in World Cup:

1. Kostelic - 742
2. Grange - 706
3. Raich - 680
4. Svindal - 655
5. Defago - 595
6. Janka - 549
7. Cuche - 529
8. Miller - 517
9. Walchhofer - 451
10. Albrecht - 427

maminho

And I hope that,Exept Croatian skiers,for me the skier is Didier Cuche,I just love him,his style of skiing...and all Switzerland team exept Silvan Zurbrigen

maminho

We (Croatians)have just one slalom track,and we have the skier on top. Thats fenomenal

In ice hockey I am a fan of Slovakia
Ski jumping:Adam Malys and Andreas Kofler

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I like Russia in ice-hockey. Although I must admit that Czechs did a great job in last few decades

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Swedish skiiers are the best :p Ingemar Stenmark!!

i remember the duells between Anja Paersson and Kostelic, they were great!

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I don't know =S I guess she has just been out of shape, that's all... her performances has been bad in quite a long time now... the latest was World Cup were she failed.

Hopefully it's just a dip... she'll be back next year... maybe she misses Kostelic ;) They were good friends and pushed each other to perform better

Home of Barca Fans