Sergio Aguero

Alik

If this goes through it will only be to keep messi, I cannot see any other reason why we would be interested in a striker with injury problems on the wrong side of 30, may as well have kept Suarez

They'll be on very different wages I'd imagine.

Andresito

Staff member
True.
It seems entirely pointless to get rid of Suarez if you end up just replacing him with Aguero.

For the 100th time. Suarez would never accept the role and wages that's being offered to Aguero.

Suarez as a supersub with reduced wages would've been awesome, but practically impossible.

Morten

For the 100th time. Suarez would never accept the role and wages that's being offered to Aguero.

Suarez as a supersub with reduced wages would've been awesome, but practically impossible.

What are Aguero's demands? Thought he asked for quite the wage himself?

xxxxxx

Messi and Aguero don't work well together. We've seen it many times with Argentina.

Besides, Aguero is injury-prone. He's still a decent player on his day, but I feel he's going to miss half the season through injury. We could potential give him a 20m signing-on fee and 150k to 200k a week in wages. Not great for a 33-year-old, especially with our debt.

BBZ8800

I don't know. But it for sure isn't being the second best paid in the squad.

I don't know the numbers.
But Suarez played here for several years, he knew the team, teammates and tactics.
Aguero will be a new guy here, coming from a season long injury with a very questionable fitness.
Further, Suarez was able to play 40-45 matches per season for 90 minutes.
Aguero is rumoured to be a super sub.

Now, if Suarez had wages, let's say 15m (I don't know the numbers), then imo, Aguero would be a good deal only at 5m wages, based on his fitness and injuries.

If Aguero will get 10m compared to 15m from Suarez, that is a lower wage, but it is still a bad deal since we are probably getting way worse/injured/finished player than Suarez.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi and Aguero don't work well together. We've seen it many times with Argentina.

Besides, Aguero is injury-prone. He's still a decent player on his day, but I feel he's going to miss half the season through injury. We could potential give him a 20m signing-on fee and 150k to 200k a week in wages. Not great for a 33-year-old, especially with our debt.

This! Aguero was a joke in argentinia and i expect the same headless chicken at barca.

Hardy

so I'm not the only one who noticed that, as far they are friends outside the pitch I found their connection in NT pretty awful, for a comparison Messi had far better chemistry with Higuain.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
pW7wHRG.jpg

Missed pretty much the entire post-corona games last season. And this season he played 30 minutes more than Puig. But don't worry lads , prime Aguero just around the corner , just needs to get fit and adapt. The football world won't know what hit them when 36 year old Aguero and 38 year old Messi are on the pitch.

source.gif

Home of Barca Fans