Sergio Aguero

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Overreactions :lol: He hasn't played much last season, needs to stay fit, get match fitness and he'll be fine.

Even then he should only be a sub and that's fine. We don't need him to be a starter. He should not be a starter at all lol.

behindbrowneyes

Right now we can't say much about possible line-ups as we don't know what Koeman plans to do and which formation he'll prefer. If I had to guess I'd say Aguero will be Memphis' sub.

Givenchy

Messi-Aguero-Memphis with Griezmann frozen out at the start of next season

until Koeman realizes Messi-Aguero-Memphis don't run, press or defend so in steps Cardioman for Memphis

This signing was made for Messi make no mistake about that

mc_lovin

Messi-Aguero-Memphis with Griezmann frozen out at the start of next season

until Koeman realizes Messi-Aguero-Memphis don't run, press or defend so in steps Cardioman for Memphis

This signing was made for Messi make no mistake about that

Disagree about that. It's important to have two CFs in the squad. Even if one is just a veteran striker.

Personally I am 99% sure that Koeman's idea is Fati-Depay-Messi, which looks quite reasonable on paper. Depends on Fati for sure though, but his injury shouldn't impact him short term.

DonAK

If Koeman starts Aguero ahead of Ansu he'll have Laporta personally step into his office and tell him to get his shit together.

As long as Ansu is fit he should be the starter. Unless he obviously performs like shit, but I don't think he will.

Frankly I don't think the club can even afford Ansu being a bench option. They're in talks to renew his contract.

behindbrowneyes

Koeman rates Ansu and of course he'll play as long as he is healthy. Might be that he'll get phased in slowly at the start of the season though as he has no rhythm after being injured for so long.

Imo Ansu-Memphis-Messi will be Koeman's preferred forward line. Memphis is a very mobile #9 and Ansu's positional awareness will make it easy for them to change positions within a game.

Joan

I always thought Aguero's role in the squad would be similar to Martin's. Though, of course, if he surprises, he'll get a more important one. We've got a lot going on upfront with all these players who are staying: Messi, Griezmann, Dembele, Fati, Depay, and Aguero, and it's hard to predict what's Koeman's plan. I'm Sure Koeman likes Depay, but I don't see him walking into the 11 in Griezmann's place. I think Griezmann will be preferred at the beginning, and we'll then see who impresses. Dembele and Aguero will fall behind if they're even available.

DonAK

Koeman rates Ansu and of course he'll play as long as he is healthy. Might be that he'll get phased in slowly at the start of the season though as he has no rhythm after being injured for so long.

Imo Ansu-Memphis-Messi will be Koeman's preferred forward line. Memphis is a very mobile #9 and Ansu's positional awareness will make it easy for them to change positions within a game.

FC Driplona ft. A$AP Fati

Mateka

With Pep wanting a new 150m toy in Harry Kane there was no room for Aguero whether he was still decent or not.

Not correct. He is a legend at City. Always will be. Last season, injury and COVID, we hardly saw him. Fernandinho at 36, despite other players around him, was still offered and signed a new contract.

As for Kane we wait and see. So far City highest signing 65 m. Plenty of cash but a well run club. I hope they do not sign Kane.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly and let's see if this surgery helped Fati. What a shame for his career.

Home of Barca Fans