Sergio Aguero

xxxxxx

He's injury-prone, 33 and will be on high wages..... he's our kind of player.

These are the type of "competitive" signings Laporta was talking about.

xxxxxx

People acting like a) we have money to sign Haaland and b) Aguero isn't one of the only proven goalscorers in world football who also speaks Spanish and has played in la liga before (yes a while ago) but still.

He used to be a goalscorer, but those days are long gone. He's declined so badly and lost a lot of his pace. He's had a lot of injuries in the last 18 months.

Yeah, he'll be a free agent, but he's going to demand a big signing-on fee and big wages. It's a risky signing for an injury-prone 33-year-old player. There is no way we just offer him a 1-year deal... he'll be getting at least 2 or 3-year deal. Also, there's a reason why City is so quick to let him go. He's nothing more than a backup player now.

xxxxxx

Can't see how this will benefit us in any way sporting-wise, if true. A ploy to keep Messi.

It's obviously a ploy to keep Messi here.

They've basically already admitted that a 34-year-old Messi is the future of the club. The crazy thing about is, we could potentially have an older squad by next season with the likes of Gini and Aguero coming in. They'll also demand high wages and high signing-on fees.

Pique, Busquets, Alba, Pjanic, Griezmann, Messi and Braithwaite (30 in the summer) are 30 and above. Then you have the likes of Coutinho and Roberto who are 29. Then you add the likes of Aguero and Gini..... our squad isn't getting any younger.

I would rather we just use the youngsters instead and save ourselves a bunch of money on a player you know is going to get injured.

malvolio

Aguero's injury record is the big problem here. Otherwise, a better footballer and scorer than Depay. As a stop-gap for 1-2 seasons, he would be OK. Don't know if we should take the risk or spend 30-50 mil on a young, unproven guy, similar to Jovic. Mbappe or Haaland are wet dreams right now.

Andresito

Staff member
Not the same. He’s very injury prone and isn’t offering anything new to this team. Also I highly doubt he’ll accept small/medium wages

Why not? Doubt he has a bunch of offers from big clubs. Barca have the upper hand here: if he wants to play here he can do it for cheap, if not; good luck at your next club.

Barcilliant

Why the fuck can't la Masia produce a decent number nine?
We always have to buy one.
I would NOT sign Aguero. He and Messi can link up in MLS or Argentina. Not here.

Ritchie

No more Dad's Army FFS. We've just let Raki and Suarez go.

We're not some MLS club that signs these washed up older players.

malvolio

Not the same. He’s very injury prone and isn’t offering anything new to this team. Also I highly doubt he’ll accept small/medium wages

a fully fit aguero is scoring even in his sleep, compared to griezmann/braithwaite/dembele.

plus, we usually did better with smaller mobile strikers, than with tall guys.

give me aguero any day over depay(since these are the options for us, this summer). only worry for me would be the injuries.

Home of Barca Fans