Sergio Aguero

Messi983

According to Radio Marca he'll announce retirement on Wednesday.

We'll see if for real this time or fake news again.

BarcaOG

Banned
sad his career ended this way... well, he did score once for us, and against real.

for sure a PL beast in his time at city

Mateka

Aguero scored a club-record 260 goals since joining City from Atletico in 2011, winning 12 major trophies over the past decade.

Aguero’s 184 Premier League goals are the most by any player for a single club.

He will forever be remembered for a single goal – his 94th minute strike that snatched the title from Manchester United on the final day of the 2011/12 season. Manchester became blue and has remained so.

He won 5 EPL titles.

He never won the CL and is among many great players likewise.

Aguero was one who brought in a new era for City.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Wish him all the best. Seems like cool guy with positive attitude and think him wanting to leave after Messi left were bogus rumors(maybe initial reactionary response from him but no more than that).

What I am curious about is though why no one is looking at Manchester City? Did they know about this? Did they want to get rid of him because of it?
I think they knew and withheld info about his medical health. I think this is a common practice in football where the new team does the medical checkup and any ailments that go under the radar...well...tough luck.

I think it more often happens with players that have really bad knees. It will become current club's best kept secret and media may absolutely never find out cause it could lower market value.
Ajax and Kishna is an example of this me thinks. Kishna's bad knees were well known at the club yet Ajax was able to sell him to Lazio where he signed 4 year contract but only made 16 appearances.

If something similar went on with Aguero pretty disgusting, but this is mostly speculation on my part so far.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Very sad. He would have added a lot of quality to Barca. Great career and shame he didn't have time to play in the next World Cup. I hope they win it for him!! Go AGuero!

Andresito

Staff member
Thought he'd be useful as a #9 throughout the season.

Sad to hear a legend of the game has to leave in these circumstances.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Wish him all the best. Seems like cool guy with positive attitude and think him wanting to leave after Messi left were bogus rumors(maybe initial reactionary response from him but no more than that).

What I am curious about is though why no one is looking at Manchester City? Did they know about this? Did they want to get rid of him because of it?
I think they knew and withheld info about his medical health. I think this is a common practice in football where the new team does the medical checkup and any ailments that go under the radar...well...tough luck.

I think it more often happens with players that have really bad knees. It will become current club's best kept secret and media may absolutely never find out cause it could lower market value.
Ajax and Kishna is an example of this me thinks. Kishna's bad knees were well known at the club yet Ajax was able to sell him to Lazio where he signed 4 year contract but only made 16 appearances.

If something similar went on with Aguero pretty disgusting, but this is mostly speculation on my part so far.

If he came on a free i don't think they are under any ethical obligation to give us any info about their former player as it wasn't a transaction. Agree with the point you're making about the practise in general though.

Last edited:

Messi983

Official confirmation...

@aguerosergiokun will give a statement on his future from Camp Nou at 12pm CET on Wednesday December 15. The first-team football player will be joined by FC Barcelona president, Joan Laporta.

[tw]1470699240993267712[/tw]

fergus90

One of the greatest forwards of the last 20 years. What a player Aguero was in his day, sad ending for his career but at least he bowed out with an El Clasico goal! Man for the big occasions.

Home of Barca Fans