Sergio Aguero

Joan

I think if we had this guy rather than the donkey Suarez we would have at least won one CL and we would have still won the same league titles. Never seen a top striker worst than Suarez in the CL.

Get the hell out of here. Won't tell you again.

Andresito

Staff member
Going to need more than a couple of minutes to regain form. Movement was good though, a lot more dangerous than Luuk who'll be happy to sniff a couple of minutes at this point.

Andresito

Staff member
Will join Koeman for the press conference ahead of the Kiev game.

The player at the press conference is always a starter as long as I can remember.

Messi983

Will join Koeman for the press conference ahead of the Kiev game.

The player at the press conference is always a starter as long as I can remember.

I guess we'll see but don't see him going from playing 5 minutes in one game to start next one just three days later. Especially since this is a must win game so we can't take it easy. OTOH we don't really have much options as I'm not sure Ansu starting 3 games in 7 days is a good idea either.

So we might see something like Coutinho-Memphis-Dest upfront and then possibly bring Fati on at HT and Kun for the last 20 minutes. Would be nice if we'd get a comfortable lead so Memphis could also get some rest before El Clasico as he has played basically all minutes so far this season for club and NT. The last thing we could afford is him getting injured as well.

mc_lovin

I guess we'll see but don't see him going from playing 5 minutes in one game to start next one just three days later. Especially since this is a must win game so we can't take it easy. OTOH we don't really have much options as I'm not sure Ansu starting 3 games in 7 days is a good idea either.

So we might see something like Coutinho-Memphis-Dest upfront and then possibly bring Fati on at HT and Kun for the last 20 minutes. Would be nice if we'd get a comfortable lead so Memphis could also get some rest before El Clasico as he has played basically all minutes so far this season for club and NT. The last thing we could afford is him getting injured as well.

Feels like the club takes things very slowly recently. I can't remember players being back in group training for weeks (Ansu, Kun, Dembele) and not getting the green light immediately. We developed a safety first approach, which is probably reasonable given the history of these players.

Messi983

Feels like the club takes things very slowly recently. I can't remember players being back in group training for weeks (Ansu, Kun, Dembele) and not getting the green light immediately. We developed a safety first approach, which is probably reasonable given the history of these players.

Unless you are Pique, then you get straight into starting XI. :D

Pedri was also rushed back to play vs Benfica. But surely, there is a difference between his injury/recovery period compared to likes of Kun, Dembele and Ansu who haven't played for months (I hope Koeman will manage Pedri's minutes better now when he'll return).

Especially In Fati's case it's important the club is very cautious with him. His longterm health should be above overplaying him in these "meaningless" games right now. Sure, in isolation El Clasico is far from meaningless and we also have to win vs Dynamo tomorrow but looking at a big pitcture keeping Ansu injury free in next 2-3 years is much more important than winning these games in a season we don't expect to win or even seriously compete for anything.

Don't really have much trust in Koeman and our medical team knowing what they're doing but let's hope for the best here so Ansu won't go down the same road as Dembele. "Losing" him would be a much bigger blow as I think he has everything to become an elite player while I don't believe Dembouz would ever reach that level even if he'd stayed injury free. Just too many limitations in his game imo so not even his world class speed would be enough to make it (not saying it wouldn't help us in past seasons and especially now with this team though).

Anyway, I've just realized we're in the Aguero thread so enough OT. :lol:

Laplacian

Nice goal. Probably the only non-amateur in our front line this season. He will make Barca's board realize you can't build a team off 17 year olds and Premier League rejects.

JohnN

If he can stay fit he will be good for us. Still has something to offer. But we can't deliver the ball to our forwards except from crossing.

Home of Barca Fans