20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He has a role here for at least this season as a Veteran when needed if you don't want to put pressure on the likes of Nico, Gavi, But for the RB spot, I think both Dest and Mingueza understand the Dynamics enough they can hold that spot down for the season.

But after this season I'm struggling to see a role here assuming both Nico and Gavi end up proving to be the real deal and if Mingueza/Dest end up being good enough for the RB spot long term. He'll be far down the pecking order replaced by guys who can offer much more in the RB spot and Midfield as well.

We'll see what happens across the season though, I like Nico and Gavi a lot but we have a long way to go same with both Mingueza and Dest.

xXKonan

[Matteo Moretto] Sergi Roberto renewal was supposed to be closed today but it has not. It seems like the negotiations will start again from scratch. Long way to go.

[El Partidazo de COPE] The meeting between Barcelona and Sergi Roberto over a contract extension ends without an agreement. The club is proposing a 2 year deal with 30% salary cut.

Last edited:

serghei

Make it 50% or no deal. :lol: Sorry Roberto, you were overpaid for years without showing much. Rarely seen a player squeezing so much out of a single goal.

Bobo32

Make it 50% or no deal. :lol: Sorry Roberto, you were overpaid for years without showing much. Rarely seen a player squeezing so much out of a single goal.

He is on the same assist+non penalty goals as Depay so far this season, and he is just as free!

Rory

He is on the same assist+non penalty goals as Depay so far this season, and he is just as free!

Depay won that penalty himself with an excellent dribble. Who would you have Roberto ahead of with Busquets, Frenkie, Pedri, Puig, Gavi and Nico all trying to get a midfield spot?

mc_lovin

Depay won that penalty himself with an excellent dribble. Who would you have Roberto ahead of with Busquets, Frenkie, Pedri, Puig, Gavi and Nico all trying to get a midfield spot?

Roberto leading the line obviously. Can't you see?

Bobo32

I'd have him before Depay! Maybe if he got almost thrice the minutes, and always as an attacker with freedom to have a 74,6 pass percentage, he too would be able to fall for a penalty!
In seriousness, Roberto has played RB and RW too already, and he is head of Puig in Koemans mind but ahead of Nico still in mine, so he is one of six midfielders that are needed if you want 2 players in every position.

BADGERBHOY

140k a week is still far too much for him. He'd be lucky to be on 60k a week at any other club.

Just let his contract expire. It's money we can put to much better use.

Birdy

Yep.
30% down is not enough.
He is getting paid scandalously atm

Let him run down his contract and liberate the team from his presence in the summer.
One Amigo less
One captain less
A terrible footballer gone

Bliss!

Home of Barca Fans