20 - Sergi Roberto

Rory

Thought he was one of the only players who could receive the ball and move it on without overcomplicating.

Bobo32

I thought he looked fit and played well enough.
Barcelona struggled for a bit with the structure after the sub, and you could and should of course argue about the order, but no need to criticize Roberto

Messi983

Mateu Alemany met with his agent to discuss a contract extension.

MD says the club only wants to extend his contract for another year, until 2023. I'd be ok with this if he'll accept a pay cut as well. Gives us more flexibility. I'd still like to bring back Emerson and let him compete with Dest and use Roberto exclusively as a backup midfielder though.

xXKonan

I can see him taking a pay cut but not accepting just a 1-year extension.

He'll want at least a 3-year Extension I would imagine. But I don't think he'll get it.

Messi983

Well yeah, Sport is reporting a multiyear extension to compensate for pay cut.

Then he should just leave. Don't want to see any of the old guard here beyond 2023 tbh.

xXKonan

Would he accept even being a squad player?

He has flipped between being a starter or aka first man off the bench and played a ton of minutes role, but would he accept the idea that Dest, Mingueza, Emerson? getting more attention in the RB role. His role in the Midfield won't be big either as we have a number of different prospects like Iliax, Nico emerging to go along with the likes of Pedri, FDJ, Puig etc.

I'm sure Koeman values his experience but would Bob accept a smaller role? I just don't think he would.

behindbrowneyes

Tbh, I'd sell him and get Emerson instead. Always was a fan of Bob, but he is heavily overpaid since scoring that goal against PSG. Even if he takes a pay cut for an extension, I'd try to move on. Imo, he is already declining. Now, with the new talents coming up and him being already 29, he is losing his spark of being the "latest" promoted La Masia kid.

Jakabor

Looked like a fool in the Getafe 1-0 goals.

Running around chasing ball and not watching the space.

But he will continue to get playing playing time because he is a ?captain? and has ?Barca DNA?.

Home of Barca Fans