20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

he operation and the absence of up to 4 months do not favor Sergi Roberto in the negotiation to renew. The meeting between representatives and the club has been postponed because there's no urgency. Until now, he was reluctant to a 40% salary cut [rac1]

xXKonan

His entourage are now pessimistic about Roberto’s prospects of renewing with Barcelona given he won’t return to action until March or even April. Their attitude is that for a player of his standing, the renewal should have been resolved long ago.

https://www.football-espana.net/202...-barcelona-should-have-been-resolved-long-ago

His contract could have been resolved if he was willing to play ball and take a pay cut but he wasn't willing to and that's fine, that's his choice if he has higher offers elsewhere then he's free to explore them. The club has held firm on that and Roberto wasn't willing to budge either.

KingLeo10

A player of his standing? Who the fuck does he think he is :lol:

He scored 1 great goal in last 5 years v PSG and expects to live off that for eternity?

Fuck outta here.

Messigician

It's done, he stays

❗️Xavi, on Roberto: ?He is a true example. He?s been suffering for a year, playing with an injury & not being 100% - and in turn, it has been unfair to him. I recommended him to stop [have surgery] and clean up. For me, he is fundamental, a key player who must stay, I?ve told the club just that

FinBarcelonafan

https://www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/a/940f7a74-b443-4eb7-8f77-1966cfb51bf2

Article about Sergi Roberto coming visit to Finland for a surgery

One comment from the Finnish doctor who operated Sergi kinda freaked me in a way:

Lempainen said: It's very good that we made the surgery because he would have never recovered without it. The surgery went well for Roberto. He is back in Barcelona now.

And look at post Messigician posted right over me:

"It's done, he stays

❗️Xavi, on Roberto: ?He is a true example. He?s been suffering for a year, playing with an injury & not being 100% - and in turn, it has been unfair to him. I recommended him to stop [have surgery] and clean up. For me, he is fundamental, a key player who must stay, I?ve told the club just that"

What the **** is wrong with medical staff in Barcelona? Finnish doctor says there was no way of recovery without surgery and he was injured basically for one year without hope of recovering. What a shitshow..

How bad is the medical staff?

Why wasn't he sent earlier to tests to Finland?! One year!?

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Explains his dip in form and terrible physicality tbh. He was always an energetic player, but fell off massively in the last 1-2 years. Hope he recovers and finds his best version back. Renew him on lower wages, he is good enough for rotation in this Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

Explains his dip in form and terrible physicality tbh. He was always an energetic player, but fell off massively in the last 1-2 years. Hope he recovers and finds his best version back. Renew him on lower wages, he is good enough for rotation in this Barca.

Exactly. Basically, we lost one year of his career because they didn't do the needed surgery and his performance was crap, why was this tolerated? What was the point?

delancey

https://www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/a/940f7a74-b443-4eb7-8f77-1966cfb51bf2

Article about Sergi Roberto coming visit to Finland for a surgery

One comment from the Finnish doctor who operated Sergi kinda freaked me in a way:

Lempainen said: It's very good that we made the surgery because he would have never recovered without it. The surgery went well for Roberto. He is back in Barcelona now.

And look at post Messigician posted right over me:

What the **** is wrong with medical staff in Barcelona? Finnish doctor says there was no way of recovery without surgery and he was injured basically for one year without hope of recovering. What a shitshow..

How bad is the medical staff?

Why wasn't he sent earlier to tests to Finland?! One year!?
That?s referred to as a ma?ana culture. 😁

Home of Barca Fans