20 - Sergi Roberto

BBZ8800

Can he leave already?

Catalan players quota.

Busquets will retire soon, Pique also.
Who is left? Eric, who is not a starter and Gavi who might leave any summer.

Puig gone, Alena gone, Nico meh.

I personally expect more Catalan players in the future even if they'll suck.

In the end, Barcelona is probably the most political club among top European clubs.

The current number of Catalan players is too low considering their political-independency aspirations and what Barcelona represents to Catalonia sporting and ideologically wise.

Last edited:

Porque

Right back is such a worry this season. There is Roberto who is basically shot to pieces, then there is Dest who should be good but is basically disinterested in life.

Did anyone see the Gamper pregame where Alves is hugging all the players then Dest is there in the middle of the crowd of players in his own world doing dribbles with a ball. Idiot.

Horatio

You're welcome
Gavi is not Catalan but you have a point.

Well...gavi is partially to be blamed for the confusion with the nickname he picked or allowed to be bestowed upon him.

Gavi sounds like a generic albeit non-Spanish name. Then found out it is short for Gavira which does sound very Spanish.

BBZ is excused.

vuji_31

Well Araujo will play RB, I am sure in games against Real M and better CL opponents.

Againt other we can play with Roberto/Dest.

xXKonan

Looked Poor all of Preseason.

Won't matter if we give him the time to try and prove he can get back to his best, the guy is destined to get injured again at some point anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

🚨🚨| Xavi wants FC Barcelona to sign a right-back. The club wants to sell Dest & Sergi Roberto isn't a starter - neither of them convince the coach. @sport

Our weakness at the moment.

Messi983

Well, at least Xavi knows where the problems are (besides him having blind faith in his amigo Busi obviously) but we'll see what we can do on the market. Or maybe really just turn Frenkie into a RB if he stays. Can't really be worse than Roberto and Dest, especially with how Xavi wants his FBs to play.

FinBarcelonafan

Azpi would have been perfect stop gap for very little money. Sadly they wouldn't let him go.

I wish Frenkie was more aggressive player. He could be better defensively. As a defenseman I think he is too soft.

Horatio

You're welcome
His salary is very low. He probably sees him as a squad utility player, not starter.

squad utility player? He will only play in MF or RB. If we believe the tweet Xavi doesn't think he is good enough for RB and the MF is stacked anyway. Get rid of this guy. Puts Pique in a stronger position and has no balls.

Home of Barca Fans