20 - Sergi Roberto

Horatio

You're welcome
If
1) his wages are recuded to the level of a bench player
2) he is not a starter
3) whenever he plays, he plays as a md and not a RB

then, I don't mind him staying

No, I agree. He should be back-up. I don't like him. But he is ok-ish on a multitude of positions. Again if on low wages I am fine with it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Sad part is he has been by far best RB Barca have had going forward since Alves left.

Would not be surprised if he starts there a fair bit under Xavi if Dest doesnt sharpen up his act.

Birdy

He has been.

Go check his assists and key pass stats compared to your fav Semedo or Dest.

Facts. Far ahead and that is the sad part as he is not a RB.

You are the joke chief. Easy.

I have replied to Bobo here in post-sheets, backed up with stats, WHY the stats you are claiming are irrelevant for a modern RB
that plays the position with back passes, and can't attack space, nor can dribble

Not interested in going through this again,
especially with someone like you, who can't argue properly

Enjoy your solipsism

JamDav1982

Haha Roberto has been far better than Dest or Semedo going forward the 'modern full backs'.

That is the sad part as not even a RB.

Stats for assists and key passes and he is clearly better in build up. Not even close.

Horatio

You're welcome
Haha Roberto has been far better than Dest or Semedo going forward the 'modern full backs'.

That is the sad part as not even a RB.

Stats for assists and key passes and he is clearly better in build up. Not even close.

How do you know his best statistics are not made up from playing in different positions than RB? Can you look up a players stats with specific position?

Horatio

You're welcome
Sure as fuck he was not creating much from midfield when played there.

Ok. Because some of his notorious contributions for me that come to mind were all from non-RB positions. Heel assist to Suarez against Getafe, the final goal against PSG and the assist on Suarez in Clasico he was fielded as forward in beginning phase of game.

khaled_a_d

Roberto in 17/18 season has been by far the best RB we had since Alves, and he is still better option than Mingueza, Dest is currently better.

His health is a warning sign, he is almost 30 and his work rate is actually one of his strengths, so being an injury prone 30 years old player doesn't make it look easy.

I am sure Xavi has a role for him and would probably use him, but sporting department should have the upper hand in deciding whether or not he should stay.
I would take a year loan of Saul over renewing Roberto, he is also a versatile midfielder who can play FB that isn't his best self anymore.

serghei

Sad part is he has been by far best RB Barca have had going forward since Alves left.

Would not be surprised if he starts there a fair bit under Xavi if Dest doesnt sharpen up his act.

Bob has to sharpen up his act as well. He's been very slow in recent months and a slow player has no business playing fullback. Dest been better than him this season.

JamDav1982

Bob has to sharpen up his act as well. He's been very slow in recent months and a slow player has no business playing fullback. Dest been better than him this season.

Roberto has been shite for a while and not any praise for him to say he could get minutes at RB if Dest doesnt improve. If anything it is the opposite and showing how much Dest needs to get better.

Plus there could be a market for Dest in summer if could get the likes of Aczi and take couple years to yet again try to find a RB. If they are looking of funds in.

serghei

Roberto has been shite for a while and not any praise for him to say he could get minutes at RB if Dest doesnt improve. If anything it is the opposite and showing how much Dest needs to get better.

Plus there could be a market for Dest in summer if could get the likes of Aczi and take couple years to yet again try to find a RB. If they are looking of funds in.

But isn't Dest getting better offensively though? Quality of crosses is better IMO and makes fewer mistakes. Offensively he's improving, defensively there are more problems.

JamDav1982

But isn't Dest getting better offensively though? Quality of crosses is better IMO and makes fewer mistakes. Offensively he's improving, defensively there are more problems.

Dest is still miles off it offensively for me. Is making as many bad decisions in possession and slowing game down too much. Do agree when he gets to by line his crossing has been better at times but so fucking frustrating to watch.

Seems to think he is Ronaldinho playing at right back and actively slows down to try some over elaborate skills to often.

The best full backs in world for most part play much simpler than that.

Home of Barca Fans