20 - Sergi Roberto

malvolio

Roberto: "I will renew my contract with a reduction in my wages." :facepalm:

Says the guy who's contract was expiring anyway. That's no paycut you dumbass, that's a renegotiated extension.

He would have got less money if he stayed at Barca or went to another club. Our lord and saviour Roberto :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Says the guy who's contract was expiring anyway. That's no paycut you dumbass, that's a renegotiated extension.

He would have got less money if he stayed at Barca or went to another club. Our lord and saviour Roberto :lol:

Exactly. He is probably lucky to get 50% what he earns now.

ryuken

Seriously this Catalan home grown player Oleguerish shit has to stop, they are leeching us and driving us to the ground

malvolio

isn't he basically doing the same thing pique supposedly did, which is taking a wage cut and extending his contract?

A bit different in his case. His contract was expiring anyway next season. And he would've got less from us(if we were planning to extend) or other clubs.

Yes, it still reduces the burden now. We're just stuck with him for another 2-3 years or how long did he extend.

Joan

It's a good thing. Let's say he's bound to a 10m payment for his services this season. But he signs a new contract worth 5m per season. We get to keep him for 2 years for the price of one, the figure we have to pay either way (50% figure was mentioned in the media before). Or, if there's some reduction involved, we save extra money. Not to mention we get to try to sell him next summer. Easier done with low wages.

malvolio

It's a good thing. Let's say he's bound to a 10m payment for his services this season. But he signs a new contract worth 5m per season. We get to keep him for 2 years for the price of one, the figure we have to pay either way (50% figure was mentioned in the media before). Or, if there's some reduction involved, we save extra money. Not to mention we get to try to sell him next summer. Easier done with low wages.

Yes, as said above, it helps us now. We are just stuck with him for another year or two

Jakabor

Sounds like the best piece of business we can do right now for the good of the club. Absolute best would obviously be to outright sell him now, but that is never happening, so this is a decent solution.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

While it's easier with low wages, I don't think Roberto is doing this just so Barca can try and sell him next summer. I think he's going to resist a departure no matter what we try to do.

We're most likely going to be stuck with him for another two or three years which sucks.

Home of Barca Fans