Athletic Club de Bilbao

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Benat is a beast. He's a threat every free-kick and what a pass to Susaeta.

Muniain has found his confidence again.

I'm so happy Spanish Football is back!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Benat was easily MOTM. Susaeta (who is easily one of the most underrated players in football) and Muniain also had great matches. Laporte looked very solid coming back from his injury, he looks like a real leader.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Team looks amazing under Valverde: both wingers are class, the midfield is dominant with Benat, and a completely organized defense with Laporte showing world class potential. Hopefully Kepa starts getting chances soon and the team climbs up to 5th/6th place this season.

Kerrybai

BSgGqs9CAAAHzPU.jpg

7ibg.jpg

This bad boy is almost ready for inauguration. It was sad to see the old stadium torn down but this new one should provide increased revenue. The old capacity was 39k and the current capacity of the new stadium is about the same, however once the 4th stand is built it will have a capacity of 53k-54k. I think the final stand will be ready for next season or the season after that...can't quite remember.

impeh

Hi, its me..
tonight!

Athletic Bilbao face Celta Vigo on Monday night in the first competitive match at San Mames Barria, and full-back Andoni Iraola is confident the atmosphere of the club's new home will match that of its predecessor.

Ernesto Valverde's side have had two training sessions in the new arena, which is located adjacent to the site of the old San Mames, which existed for 100 years until it was demolished in the summer.

The new stadium is not yet finished as one of the stands behind the goal still under construction, and a reduced crowd of 36,000 is expected against Celta. The capacity of the stadium will rise to 53,000 once work is complete.

Ten thousand fans watched the team train inside the stadium on Friday and Iraola said: "We had already trained there the day before, but with it being night time and with the fans, it changed.

"What impressed me most was the acoustics. You can really hear the crowd and when the fans start to sing it will be very loud. We are delighted with it."

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It looks beautiful tonight...very spirited match tonight against Lucho, Rafinha et al with Celta Vigo

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great game, great teams playing. Iraola puts Athletic up 2-1, great from Muniain there.

Rafinha assisted Celta's goal too :D

Home of Barca Fans