Gonzalo Higuain

El Gato

Villarato!
Went under radar a bit, but he's retiring at 34.

Much maligned for the faults of his national team and probably will not get much sympathy from this fanbase for his role in the various shortcomings, but he is I think quite comfortably one of the top10 strikers of that Benzema-Lewy-Suarez generation.
Back injury ruined his style and he was absolutely mercurial before 2011. I've always been a fan and thought it was a shame he left though I understood him.

I hope he is at peace with his decision considering how much he said all the internet hate has affected him. He's been one of the first few players who were hated en masse in social media for failing in bigger moments.
Be well Iggyboi

AA12AuE3.img

El Gato

Villarato!
A competent latino viking is definitely the vibe you wanna go for when modelling oneself. Definitely not a gelled up suit wearing soyboy
Mind you this is looks only

Horatio

You're welcome
Anyway, I remember the video that came out of him being harassed on the streets in Argentina after WC 2014. Had an emotional impact on me. Wish him the best. Went bald too early though.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Good guy, he was underrated during the first years at Real, next to Ronaldo he still scored a great amount of goals and then 36 goals only in league for Napoli. Even at Juve he scored and scored. In terms of finishing one of the best strikers in this generation. He was never the only superstar in a big team, otherwise i think he would have scored around 35-40 goals per season.

Ofc the blame for missing the chance in 2014 from the Messi kids was nonsense, it was a 1vs1 against the best Gk in the world, people acted like he missed an open goal. Messi had a similiar chance. Palacio the best chance imo but they never got the hate which Higuain got, siu.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Good guy, he was underrated during the first years at Real, next to Ronaldo he still scored a great amount of goals and then 36 goals only in league for Napoli. Even at Juve he scored and scored. In terms of finishing one of the best strikers in this generation. He was never the only superstar in a big team, otherwise i think he would have scored around 35-40 goals per season.

Ofc the blame for missing the chance in 2014 from the Messi kids was nonsense, it was a 1vs1 against the best Gk in the world, people acted like he missed an open goal. Messi had a similiar chance. Palacio the best chance imo but they never got the hate which Higuain got, siu.

True, people just needed to blame someone and Higuain was the easy target.

Blackened

Went under radar a bit, but he's retiring at 34.

Much maligned for the faults of his national team and probably will not get much sympathy from this fanbase for his role in the various shortcomings, but he is I think quite comfortably one of the top10 strikers of that Benzema-Lewy-Suarez generation.
Back injury ruined his style and he was absolutely mercurial before 2011. I've always been a fan and thought it was a shame he left though I understood him.

I hope he is at peace with his decision considering how much he said all the internet hate has affected him. He's been one of the first few players who were hated en masse in social media for failing in bigger moments.
Be well Iggyboi

AA12AuE3.img

An excellent post. Agreed 100%. Definitely a top-10 striker of the last 15 years along with Suarez, Lewy, Benz, Cavani, Aguero, Falcao and all those. Was an opportunistic poacher in his Real Madrid days but for me his Napoli-years and his first Juve-year were Higuain in his prime. During that time he scored some real golazos. His 2014 miss is his curse and his downfall. Always read that he is a somewhat of a quirky introvert as well as a nervy guy before big games. It certainly showed at times. People like Diego Milito, Mario Mandzukic and (to an extend) Didier Drogba are more highly remembered because of the performances they gave in big games -even if reality they didnt have half the talent that Gonzalo had. El Pipa -if you had converted those three chances in 2014 WC and 2015 and 2016 Copas who knows? The goat conversation would be all but over but so would be one another peculiar conversation - the second best striker after Luis Suarez. Happy retirement.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

An excellent post. Agreed 100%. Definitely a top-10 striker of the last 15 years along with Suarez, Lewy, Benz, Cavani, Aguero, Falcao and all those. Was an opportunistic poacher in his Real Madrid days but for me his Napoli-years and his first Juve-year were Higuain in his prime. During that time he scored some real golazos. His 2014 miss is his curse and his downfall. Always read that he is a somewhat of a quirky introvert as well as a nervy guy before big games. It certainly showed at times. People like Diego Milito, Mario Mandzukic and (to an extend) Didier Drogba are more highly remembered because of the performances they gave in big games -even if reality they didnt have half the talent that Gonzalo had. El Pipa -if you had converted those three chances in 2014 WC and 2015 and 2016 Copas who knows? The goat conversation would be all but over but so would be one another peculiar conversation - the second best striker after Luis Suarez. Happy retirement.

Don't know if he is the second best but definitely top5

Home of Barca Fans