Wayne Rooney

nebeer

Love is All

I think there should be a thread for Rooney here. A lot is going to depend on him this season as far as Man U are related, since Ronaldo and Tevez have moved on to other clubs. It would also be interesting to see what kind of formation modification Man U come up with or whether they buy any other striker or not. Though buying Owen has been a really good move for them imo.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
why is Rooney worshiped so much? just seems like a regular player to me... he is strong and kicks hard

FlyLo

Make or break season for him. He's out of Ronaldo's shadow and now it's up to him to step up and shine.

B

blueduck

why is Rooney worshiped so much? just seems like a regular player to me... he is strong and kicks hard

He is class tbf.

He has great technique, works hard for the team, can setup goals and can knock them in too.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
do u guys consider him one the best players in the world? bc this is always what i hear from my friends who support united..

B

blueduck

Honestly, yes.

He is up there with the Torres' of the world imo.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
do u guys consider him one the best players in the world? bc this is always what i hear from my friends who support united..

I don't, I think he's a very decent player but he's rarely exceptional. He's a long way behind the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Kaka et al. He burst on to the scene but I think he's reached a stage where he really needs to prove himself again. I don't think SAF really helps Rooney because he doesn't play him in a consistent position and I know this is something that frustrates Fabio Capello.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Agree with CA. Plus Rooney is a poor player in big games(not all, but most from what I've seen), worse than Ronaldo used to be, but cause he's a darling of the country and worshipped so much, nobody says anything about it. Plus he's horribly inconsistent, for 5 games of brilliance is 10 games of not very much.

Beast

The Observer
Fabio can bring the best of Rooney, he is the type of player Fabio like and can use well to destroy opponents

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Rooney is a quality striker there is no doubting that. He isn't world class yet though imho. But the upcoming season he has to lead utd on the front.

Beast

The Observer
I don't think SAF will make him one.. he will use Berba as the frontman along with Owen and Rooney will still do his supporting role

Home of Barca Fans