Wayne Rooney

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
He was the one who did the tackle, , got that man injured, and england got a penalty?!?!?!? i really didn't understand.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Nice dive vs. Slovenia. Btw. Where´s the media now to rave about the suspension? I suppose English players don´t dive.. Or maybe someone has to break his leg first, like Eduardo´s was?
Disgrace.
It´s either you take action vs. diving or you don´t. Applying double criteria is not a way to go.

+1million

and that poor guy got a yellow haha.. patheatic

and Terry was bullshittin' about how English players would never dive just yesterday.

while Rooney dives 2x in one week. LOL

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
what lengths they go to defend the "mother country" it's pathetic, really wish they did'nt qualify, go!! the croatians for wednesday.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Nice dive vs. Slovenia. Btw. Where´s the media now to rave about the suspension? I suppose English players don´t dive.. Or maybe someone has to break his leg first, like Eduardo´s was?
Disgrace.
It´s either you take action vs. diving or you don´t. Applying double criteria is not a way to go.

1. uefa took action against eduardo for a uefa competition. this is a fifa competition and they've shown no desire to retrospectively punish divers. so yeah.

2. it's not 100% clear cut that he dove (which it was vs. eduardo) as there was some shirt-pulling (on both sides) and he doesn't go down as though looking for a penalty. if anything it looks like he's trying to make a tackle. I dunno, though.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
It was rooney who was pulling that guy shirt, not the other way around.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
UEFA and FIFA are different bodies.. That said, he should have been banned, and no way UEFA will every achieve consistency with these bans..

Lemmi

The Reckoner
It wasn't a dive IMO, not that I'm saying Rooney has never or doesn't dive but I don't think that can even be compared to Eduardo's effort. The one to win a penalty against Arsenal was more of a dive than that, were he literally lost the flight of the ball in the tussle and fell over.

[FCB]Messi[10

It wasn't a dive IMO, not that I'm saying Rooney has never or doesn't dive but I don't think that can even be compared to Eduardo's effort. The one to win a penalty against Arsenal was more of a dive than that, were he literally lost the flight of the ball in the tussle and fell over.

that is what happened. He was pulling the other guy's jersey and he fell over. I don't know why the Ref gave a penalty for if he just fell over. So Rooney didn't dive he just fell, so its the Referee's fault for giving the penalty not Rooney.

B

blueduck

The other guy was pulling Rooney's shirt too, watch it again.

It was never a penalty, but it wasn't a dive. The one v Arsenal was though (sort of).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is not a fit for our system and I'm not sure he has the style for European football, it's best for him to stay in the Premier League. Add to that he is overrated.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

I agree with Hamzah. Even if ge hets european golden boot..i really dont like/rate his talent.
Not easy looking (his football style).... i would rate spanish mediocre dribbling players higher

Home of Barca Fans