Wayne Rooney

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
oh, the fatty scored 4 goals against the greatest team the world has ever seen. Must be a fantastic achievement, Indeed. :unsure:

Lol Zanela...

For the first time I felt sorry for Phil Brown. Poor Hull, restricted Man Utd for 1-0 till 87th minute and also posed some threat to score the equalizer :(

Should have seen Rooney giving a 'Pep' talk to Gibson :D

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
oh, the fatty scored 4 goals against the greatest team the world has ever seen. Must be a fantastic achievement, Indeed. :unsure:

and yet when messi scored 3 against tenerife, did anyone belittle him because tenerife are shit? no. they just said, god damn, messi's awesome, that was a great hattrick.

why rooney isn't given the same courtesy for banging 4 past hull is strange to me. it's not like he was handed any of the goals buy rubbish goalkeeping or somethin'.

scored 4 against hull at home, he is not what we need

as meta said david villa isn't spelt wayne rooney :)

he isn't going to leave man utd and he is a bit overrated

disagree on the overrated part, but yes, david villa isn't spelled wayne rooney.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Never said he was shit. He is a great player in british football but would ruin his career if he moved elsewhere. Foreign clubs would also be blind to spend massive money to tempt him away.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
and yet when messi scored 3 against tenerife, did anyone belittle him because tenerife are shit? no. they just said, god damn, messi's awesome, that was a great hattrick.

why rooney isn't given the same courtesy for banging 4 past hull is strange to me. it's not like he was handed any of the goals buy rubbish goalkeeping or somethin'.

Well put, just what I wanted to say. But them goals were definitely not so great today, just some poacher's efforts... gotta give Zanela that! And then Messi is not exactly a striker, is he!?

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Messi scored a hat trick against Real Madrid The Galacticos

B

blueduck

Never said he was shit. He is a great player in british football but would ruin his career if he moved elsewhere. Foreign clubs would also be blind to spend massive money to tempt him away.

Some people also said that Ronaldo would find playing against spanish defenders very difficult compared to the "shit" PL defenders...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Actually I thought he'd find it easier in the Spanish league, his style is better suited and the defenders are not as good. I was right.

jamrock

overrated in the sense, that the english press would have you believe he is on the level of messi and ronaldo, which for me he isn't.

he is too streaky of a player, scores 2 and 3 in certain games, then goes 4/5 games without scoring, needs to spread out his brilliance a bit more for me.

but a wonderful player.

B

blueduck

Actually I thought he'd find it easier in the Spanish league, his style is better suited and the defenders are not as good. I was right.

Never said you had said that, just saying that some people were wrong about that and they are also wrong about Rooney.

B

blueduck

overrated in the sense, that the english press would have you believe he is on the level of messi and ronaldo, which for me he isn't.

he is too streaky of a player, scores 2 and 3 in certain games, then goes 4/5 games without scoring, needs to spread out his brilliance a bit more for me.

but a wonderful player.

Don't know where you've read that tbh, Goal.com? NOTW? The Sun?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Some people also said that Ronaldo would find playing against spanish defenders very difficult compared to the "shit" PL defenders...

It depends how you look at it... Many predicted Kaka would an instant success while Ronaldo would be a failure. Kaka definitely had been a huge disappointment but at the same time Ronaldo hasn't been such a great success either. His legitimate goals can be counted to just 4 or 5. Many of them been are either from set-pieces(got to accept he's one of the best at them) or his solo-effort against some struggling opposition, he hasn't yet performed against tough opponents till now, yeah he scored against Villareal but then they were absolute shite during the starting of the season

zanela

Lol Zanela...

For the first time I felt sorry for Phil Brown. Poor Hull, restricted Man Utd for 1-0 till 87th minute and also posed some threat to score the equalizer :(

Should have seen Rooney giving a 'Pep' talk to Gibson :D

Torres also scored a hattrick against Hull at home. Even the very mediocre strikers might 've done the same to them...For a 'worldclass' striker like Rooney, as the EPL fans & media would 've u believe, slotting 4 past a Hull team isn't an achievement or worth discussing.

I wasn't one of those praising Messi for that Hattrick. Sorry...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

but a wonderful player.

I'd say he's on a similar level to ronaldo, tbh (maybe not as a goalscorer, but as a player).

while CR's emergence as a goalscorer was the headline act in united's three years of dominance, rooney's emergence as a creator and fulcrum to complement CR's brash directness was equally as important.

like cate blanchett in benjamin button. brad pitt got all the headlines but blanchett's performance was just as important for the film's flow and awesome.

or, more footballistically, he was the iniesta to CR's messi. except now in CR's absence he's stepping up and scoring goals really.

he's not as good as messi... but no one is.

Home of Barca Fans