Wayne Rooney

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
tevez was never united's to sell. and given his performances in his second season (i.e. shit when not off the bench) and given what his masters were demanding for his services, there was no way he was going anywhere but city. no sane manager would have paid 47m (or 20m, if you're still in denial) for 15 goals in 51 games, especially from a player who had been moaning in the press.

I could still be right, duckie, this may just be united calling his contract bluff. :p

but even if I'm wrong (which I probably am) I'm alright with it. can't be right all the time! :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yep, he hasn't ever quite captivated the country in the way Gazza did but the parallels are scary. I'm not really sure that either of the big two in La Liga want him, and even as somebody that doesn't like United it can't be denied that any other destination in England is a step down from a sporting perspective. It's very easy to see things rapidly unravelling for young Wayne. I hope not for England's sake but I struggle to see a way back for him.

he never had gazza's innocence.

rooney always came off like a council estate thug. you thought that maybe fergie and united and fatherhood would make him mature, but his behaviour hasn't really changed. gazza always seemed to be a simple lad from the north who loved his football and got led astray by london's temptations. he self-destructed, but never had that sneering arrogance that rooney has.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

rooney always came off like a council estate thug. you thought that maybe fergie and united and fatherhood would make him mature, but his behaviour hasn't really changed. gazza always seemed to be a simple lad from the north who loved his football and got led astray by london's temptations. he self-destructed, but never had that sneering arrogance that rooney has.

Sounds about right. Gazza fucked up but he seems like a decent guy who just lost control. He likely has mental issues. Rooney on the other hand is just a dumb chav asshole, like you said a council estate thug who happened to be bless with talent. I get it that he had a rough upbringing but like with Maradona you have to draw the line somewhere and it's hard to sympathize with Rooney at all. He seems to have zero loyalty whether its to his wife or the club that made him who he is.

Your in denial pal, If Rooney was called Dani Hernandes, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread. English footbaers are Overrated by their Media and Criminally underrated everywhere else., be objective ffs.

And Lol at Raul and Ruud being better technically btw. They were Poachers. Absoloutly brilliant ones, but still poachers..

Ruud yes, Raul no. I don't know how you can possibly call prime Raul a poacher.

Beast

The Observer

How the table has changed.. now he is a thug ? wasn't he the main man in United and not Cristiano? the man who sacrificed himself for CR to shine ? now that SAF has confirmed his expected departure he suddenly have behavior issues and arrogance

:lol:

How the table has changed.. now he is a thug ? wasn't he the main man in United and not Cristiano? the man who sacrificed himself for CR to shine ? now that SAF has confirmed his expected departure he suddenly have behavior issues and arrogance

:lol:

S

Satori

I was about to say that, Beast. I was painted a picture of a United legend who would be there for life who loves the club and its fans. hmmm

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
EMD says the British have offered the player for the second time since summer and the club rejected the offer

But Sky Sports reports that we are considering a £25million bid in the January transfer window.

Home of Barca Fans